AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: we continue our conversation with James Geary about his new book, Geary's Guide to the World's Great Aphorists. An aphorism is a philosophical saying whose author is known. Two ye

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

In this Business English Pod episode well be looking at how to handle a telephone interview for a new job. If youre joining us here, you may want to check out BEP 82 and BEP 83 first to see how to talk about your experience in a face-to-face intervie

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 商务电话英语

THE MAKING OF A NATION #88 - James Buchanan, Part 4 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, November 11, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Richard Rael. VOICE TWO: And this is Sarah Long with the VOA Sp

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

Han Hyun-Min is a 16-year-old South Korean model. He has lived in Seoul all his life and only speaks Korean. But, people in South Korea often think he is from somewhere else. Hans mother is Korean and his father is Nigerian. He is the first black-Kor

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

By Nancy Beardsley The late Johnny Cash was a preeminent symbol of country music in America. He was also Scots-Irish, a product of the Southern rural culture where that music was born. James Webb says

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--时事新闻

我们班上有一个老美 James 对我蛮友善的, 他常邀请我去他们家作客. James 有一个三岁大的女儿 Caitlin, 长得金发碧眼, 活泼可爱, 每次我看到她都让我想到童

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

经典的童话,熟悉的旋律,中国英语学习网让你重拾一段美好的童年记忆。这首迪斯尼经典动画片《白雪公主》的插曲《Somewhere Out There》由10座格莱美奖得主Linda Ronstand和抒情天王James Ingram联袂

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语金曲精听

HOUSTON, Feb. 5 (Xinhua) -- The Houston Rockets tied a NBA record with 23 3-pointers to rout the Golden State Warriors 140-109 Tuesday night at Toyota Center. The Warriors did everything they could, including intentionally fouling three times in the

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

情景对话: Max: Nah! No way. Leave it out here. Let the bomb-squad figure it out. Caroline: So you're just gonna leave it out in the hall like a room service tray? 知识点讲解: Leave out的三种表达 1、放在外面,留在外面 用法:

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

LESSON 7 第7课 falsely 错误的 attend 参加 truant 逃学的 conduct 行为 therefore 因此 guilty 有罪 haste 匆忙 regular 常规的 struggled 挣扎 ignorant 无知的 THE TRUANT 逃 学 James Brown was ten years old when his parents sent

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第三册

Todd: Hey, James! 嗨,詹姆斯! James: Yeah! 嗨! Todd: Let's talk about seasons. 我们来聊一聊季节。 James: OK. 好的。 Todd: James, what is your favorite season? 詹姆斯,你最喜欢的季节是什么? James: My favorite seas

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Todd: James, I saw on your desk you have a nice picture of a dog. 詹姆斯,你桌上的照片里是一只很棒的狗。 James: Yes. 是的。 Todd: OK. Tell us about your dog. 好的,跟我们说说你的狗。 James: My dog's name is Piper. He

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

BBC Learning English A True Mancunian Callum:Hello I'm Callum Robertson and welcome to this programme which we've called 'A True Mancunian'. Now, what is a Mancunian, well a Mancunian is a word for someone who comes from the city of Manchester and i

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

Todd: Hey, James! James: Yeah! Todd: Let's talk about seasons. James: OK. Todd: James, what is your favorite season? James: My favorite season is spring. Todd: Yeah, why is that? James: Because it's not so cold but it's not so hot that I'm sweating o

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Emergency. That was the racetrack. It has been an accident. Driver injured is coming now. Hello. I think the racetrack telephoned ahead that I was coming? Hunt, James Hunt. I had a friendly disagreement with another driver about his wife. Why? What d

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

Todd: James! James: Yo! Todd: if you had a million dollars... James: Mm-hm Todd: if you won the lottery... James: Yes. Todd: What would you do? James: I would buy a small island, build a house there, and invest the rest of my money so that I would ne

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

SARA JAMES: It's just after dawn in one of the world's most beautiful cities this misty morning a picture perfect start to the day. And Damien Blumire looks the picture of health. But the image is deceptive. DAMIEN BLUMIRE: I've been waiting for a ki

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

> 11 加菲尔德 . 詹姆士在1880年总统大选中胜出 DATE=3-22-2001 TITLE=THE MAKING OF A NATION #133 - JAMES GARFIELD BYLINE=FRANK BEARDSLEY VOICE ONE: The making of a nation -- a program in s

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 政治经济

假如你还没有英文名,那最好小心的取上一个,专家称英文名在外企也会影响职业前途。12星座男女最适合的英文名字是什么,如果你迷信星座,可以根据自己的星座选择一个好听英文名。 1

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Here come Frank and James White. Do you know where they live? 弗兰克和詹姆斯怀特过来了,你知道他们住哪儿吗? Frank is riding a horse, and James is driving one hitched to a cart. 弗兰克骑着马,詹姆斯驾着一辆马车。

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第一册