Newsman: The latest publishing craze which has taken off all over the world, is the publication of what have come to be known as 'zines, short, of course, for 'magazines'. However, unlike magazines, whose fortunes ebband flow, these thinner and less

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 202 Useful Exercises for IELTS

The checker called the bag girl over, who went back to aisle 4 to do a price check. She returned shortly; $5.32 was indeed the correct price. The checker gave Delbert 64 cents to cover the overcharge and the tax. He told her that he thought he was su

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Sorting out problems A: Rachel? Im not sure how you want to handle this account. I think there are a few things to be sorted out. B: I agree, Toni. I think the biggest problem were facing is how to bring it in under budget. A: Thats true. But even be

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

主持会议 Presiding over a Meeting 首先 Let's start with...=The first item on the agenda is... A: Well,let's start with the marketing department. B: Okay,thank you. 我提议接受。 I propose to accept. A: The first thing of today's meeting is

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

Ordering something on the menu 点菜 I'll have the 我要... Can I have the... 我能有... Not too spicy/salty/sweet, please. 不太辣/咸/甜的,请。 That's it. 就这样。 I'd like the,... 我想要的,... For my starter I'll have the 我先

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 大忙人学社交口语

Ray watched as the total price increased on the cashier's computer screen. He decided to buy more grapes. He walked over to the fruit section. He filled a bag with grapes. He returned to the cashier. She rang up the grapes. The grand total was $35. T

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

释义: get in the way 妨碍 get in the way 是挡在某人前行的路上,表示妨碍的含义,也可以说成 be in the way。想要突出妨碍的事物,就可以说成 get in the way of。 例句: I don't want to get in the way. 我不想

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 外国人日常短语

释义: give away 捐赠,送给,说出秘密 不收取任何报酬,甘愿赠与对方,表示捐赠或错过了机会等。另外,也会用在说漏秘密(秘诀)时。give away 作为名词表示白送的商品等。 例句: I don't

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 外国人日常短语

Excuse me, what are items 1 and 5? 这第1和第5项是什么,能给我解释一下吗? The first item is the cover charge. You know that the main course was 7.8 dollars not 6.8 dollars, so item 5 is the difference. 可以,第1项是附加费。主

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

1. What is the first item that the man has in his carry-on bag? A. water B. medication C. a large bottle of shampoo 2. The man is carrying a lighter because he _______. A. enjoys smoking cigarettes B. is worried about his safety C. he forgot to take

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

1. Q: What does the woman suggest doing? A) Having a break. B) Continuing the meeting C) Moving on to the next item. D) Waiting a little longer. 2. Q: What do we learn from the conversation? A) The weather forecast says it will be fine. B) The weathe

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

Narrator: Radio Item 6: Welcome to 'Inventors' Corner'. This week we take a look at an invention that may well change the way in which you listen to your television set. Four years and twenty thousand pounds later, Susan Schofield of Cardiff, Wales,b

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 202 Useful Exercises for IELTS

Buy What You Love I used to be a shopaholic. How many of us can relate to that statement? Yet, when Saturday rolls around, off we go to the nearest boutique or shopping mall to buy more clothes, things, and possessions that we really aren't even sur

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽英文

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is how to format vertical lists. Most of the grammar books I own only partially address vertical lists. One book discusses capitalization, another partially discusses punctuation, and so on. Only the Chicago Manual of

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Dialogue 1 Mark: Sorry I'm late. I missed the subway at the platform. It was just pulling away. So, I had to wait another five minutes for the next one. Then, when I got into this building, the elevator stopped at almost every floor on the way up her

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Your Cat Thinks You're Cool猫咪认为: 你是最好的 We tend to see house cats as aloof and independent, mostly preferring to engage in their own kitty business. But that assumption may be littered with error. Because a new study finds that, gi

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(四)月

9. Please show us the shipping costs for several possible carries. 请告诉我们几种可能的运输方式的价格。 还能这样说: I want to know the shipping price about several possible carries. We would like to make an inquiry about the

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

Running a Meeting 主持会议The following phrases are used to conduct a meeting. These phrases are useful if you are called on to conduct a meeting. 1、Opening 宣布会议开始Good morning/afternoon, everyone. If we are all here, lets get star

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

One of the most common requirements of business English is holding meetings in English. The following sections provide useful language and phrases for conducting meetings and making contributions to a meeting. Meetings generally follow a more or less

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

1A: Are you ready to place your order now ? B: The order will be mailed to you next week . A: Is it going to the head office ? B: No, I think it is going to be mailed to your local branch . A:你们准备好下订单了吗? B:下星期就寄给你们

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语