What tradition of west wedding ? The wedding tradition of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue has been around for hundreds of years. Many brides have been asked on their respective wedding days if they have gathered somet

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语标准美文100篇

Ali: I'm sorry to make you wait. What did you decide? Shan: Well, I wasn't planning on spending that much money today, so... Ali: Trust me, it's worth it. With the Love, Amy Card, you'll get a 20 percent discount on everything in the store, every tim

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

A: I am so excited! B: Excited about what? A: I just voted. B: Is this the first time youve voted? A: Yes, I just had my 18th birthday this year. B: Thats lucky. A: Why is that? B: You turned 18 in an election year. A: I didnt think about it like tha

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: I am really excited! B: Why are you so excited? A: I just got done voting. B: This was your first time voting, wasnt it? A: I just turned 18 last month. B: That is so lucky of you. A: Why? B: You turned 18 a month before the election. A: I didnt t

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

Wh- Questions can be used to ask for more information: What did you do over the weekend? Where did you go for Spring Break? How was your trip? When did you get back? What kind of things did you see? Who did you go with? How many people were there? Wh

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 跟我学英语入门篇

解释账单 第一项是附加费。 A: Excuse me, what are items 1 and 5? 这第一和第五项是什么,能给解释解释吗? B: The first item is the cover charge. You know that the main course was $ 7.8 not $ 6.8. so item 5 is the differenc

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 酒店英语口语就该这么说

Last will and testament of Charles Lounsberry 查尔斯隆斯伯里的遗嘱 In the pocket of an old ragged coat belonging to an elderly man in Chicago, a will was found, after his death. 在芝加哥一位辞世老人大衣的口袋里,人们发现了

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 找谁倚靠(慢速)

UNIT 5 shopping 逛街购物 LISTENING 1 Radio Ads 广播广告 Vocabulary 接下来听到的广播广告中,用到了 1~6 所列出的单字和片语,请从( A ) ~ ( F )中选出 一个 意思最接近的选项。 1. come with (A) condit

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 听见英国

Item Five. Vocabulary. communicable, SARS, Vietnam-France Hospital, Hanoi, Carlo Urbani. On February 28th, 2003, the Vietnam-France Hospital in Hanoi asked Carlo Urbani for help. The Italian doctor was an expert on communicable diseases. He was based

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step 3000 第二册

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. This past week I traveled to Austria and Hungary, where I had productive meetings with our European allies. We discussed the challenges and opportunities we share, including the importance of spreading prosperity at home

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

... morning associates. Need all available associates, all department managers. Back at a supercenter in Bentonville, employees gather for the morning meeting. ... please for the morning meeting. A daily ritual at 5,000 Wal-Mart stores all over the w

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

To complete the image he had acquired a cautious tattoo on his ankle, a non-committal yin-and-yang that he would probably regret back in London. But that was fine. In London he would wear socks. Sobered by the cold shower, he returned to the tiny roo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

5 会议讨论 3句英文任你选 To discuss this matter, I'd like to call on Mr. Johnson. 关于这一问题,我想请约翰先生发言。 Let's move/pass on to the next item on the agenda. 让我们继续议程的下一项议题。 Next, let's

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语口语每天三句半

something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue--百年婚礼习俗 The wedding tradition of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue has been around for hundreds of years. Many brides have been asked on their

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 晨读英语美文60篇

1. Hezbollah's chief claimed a ''historic, strategic victory'' over Israel. Hassan Nasrallah taped a message to his followers today. It is the first day of a ceasefire which seems to be holding. 2. Pr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

1. Freed hostage Jill Carroll is one step closer to returning home. The freelance journalist is expected to land at Logan International Airport in Boston late tomorrow morning. Carroll was snatch ed o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

THIS IS AMERICA - Inside the World of Pawn Shops SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Shirley Griffith. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And I'm Christopher Cruise. This week on our program we tell you about pawn shops in the Un

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Sylvia was reading a magazine. One of the advertisements caught her attention. It was her old friend Tina from high school. She was a model now. She looked amazing! Sylvia wanted to talk to Tina again. She checked her phone book from high school. She

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第5级听力-English Level 5

Todd: Marika, what is the best city in your country? Marika: I think Montreal is the best city in my country. I've never been to Vancouver but I think Montreal is the best city in my country. Todd: Why is it so special? Marika: I think it is special

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

5. I will take some clothes to change and cleaning items. 我会带些换洗的衣服和洗漱用品。 还能这样说: I will bring some spare clothing and cleaning items with me. I am going to travel with some clothes and cleaning items. 应用解

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇