Negotiating With a Street Vendor Sean: Just look at the quality of that. You wont find a finer one anywhere. Patrice: Its nice, but its more than I want to spend. Sean: Okay, just for you, Ill knock off 10%. What do you say? Patrice: I think its stil

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

survey add up upset ignore calm calm down have got to concern be concern about walk the dog loose vet go through Amsterdam Netherlands Jewish German Nazo set down series a series of Kitty outdoors spellbind on purpose in order to dusk at dusk thunder

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语新课标人教广东高一

LISTENING 3 Retuning Goods for Refund 要求退货 Vocabulary 接下来听到的对话中,用到了 1~5 所列出的单字和片语,请从( A ) ~ ( F )中选出意思最接近的选项。 1. realise (A) Its disappointing. 2. instead (B) t

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 听见英国

Item nine. Vocabulary. poverty, halt, malaria. In September of 2000, world leaders set eight goals for bringing millions of people out of poverty. These became known as the United Nations Millennium Development Goals. Among them, cut in half the numb

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第一册

Item Six. Vocabulary. diagnose, testicular cancer, chemotherapy, bout, beacon, Lance Armstrong, Tour de France. Lance Armstrong was born on September 18th, 1971. Athletic from the start, Lance became a professional athlete by the age of 16. Lance ent

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step 3000 第二册

Item Eleven. Vocabulary. constellation, planetarium. People around the world have been invited to take part in an unusual experiment this month. People of all ages are being asked to look at the night sky from October 1st to the 15th. They are lookin

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step 3000 第二册

Item four. Vocabulary. convey, gaze, volume, wink, compliment, norms. The way you look at someone conveys important cultural messages. Without you even knowing it, your gaze speaks volumes. The eyes are the window of the soul, according to the old sa

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第一册

Item seven. Vocabulary. pedestrian, toll. There are far too may road accidents in this country, too many death and too many people injured. One wonders who are most to blame, drivers or pedestrians. Some people say that the blame cannot be put fairly

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第一册

Item eight. Vocabulary. fossil, molecule, hydrogen, carbon, sulfur. Petroleum has been important since ancient times. In Latin, the name means rock oil. Petroleum is a fossil fuel. The liquid comes from the remains of plants and animals that died mil

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第一册

Matthew / U.K. speaker My wife and I like to play cards, backgammon, other games like that. I try and read. I try and watch the movies, but often I just look out the window. Eoin / U.K. speaker When I'm on flight I like to sleep, but unfortunately I

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

When a consumer finds that an item she or he bought is faulty or does not live up to the manufacturers (36) ______for it, the first step is to present the guarantee at the store of purchase. In most cases, this action will (37) ______results. However

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力练习集锦

Bank clerk: Good morning, sir. Can I help you? Benjamin: Yes, I want to deposit 1000 Yuan in my bank account. Bank clerk: Please fill out this deposit form, first. Benjamin: OKHere you are. Any problem on that? Bank clerk: No, that's fine. Do you bri

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Undergrads indicated a willingness to pay a premium for goods they could touch rather than merely look at on a Web page. 对于能接触到而非仅仅在网页上看到的东西,大学生愿意多付一些钱去购买。 Customers Say They'd Pay M

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Today in Your Health, the future of the Affordable Care Act. On Wednesday, President Obama will meet with congressional Democrats about how to protect the health care reform plan that bears his name. Republican leaders have said

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

A: What can I do for you? B: I need to return something. A: What do you need to return? B: I need to return this cellphone that I just bought. A: What is wrong with it? B: It isn't working properly. A: What is the problem with it? B: For some reason

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

文本: M: How did you know she was dead? S: She had an item in her possession, one she said her life depended on. She chose to give it up. M: Where is this item now? S: Look at them. They all care so much. Do you ever wonder if theres something wr

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Item two. Vocabulary. Yosemite. Today, we tell about one of the most famous national parks in the United States. It's one of the most beautiful places in the country. Yosemite National Park is a place of extremes. It has high mountains, it has valley

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第一册

Amanda: What are you doing on the computer? You've been sitting there for eight hours straight! What could be so interesting that you haven't eaten anything and haven't even gotten up to use the washroom? Mike: It's this new online game that just cam

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

One of my earliest memories involves my granddad and his garden. He had a huge garden when I was growing up. It was, I mean, it was more of a field than a garden really it was so big. He had lots of fruit trees, like fruit bushes, like elder berries,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

It's true that I don't like shopping. When I want to buy something, I do it online. I like buying on the Internet because I can easily do some comparison shopping and find the best price. It's easy, too. Last week I wanted to buy some new headphones.

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客