Lesson Eight Section One: News in Brief Tapescript 1. Two years of sensitive negotiations paid off today as seventy for- mer Cuban political prisoners arrived in the United Staits. All of the prisoner

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(401) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语听力

HEALTH REPORT - Taking Care With MedicinesBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Health Report. Recently VOA's reporters have explored some of th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(六)月

IN THE NEWS - Drug Control Officials Are Warned of Growing Threat From 'Meth'By Brianna Blake Broadcast: Saturday, May 13, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Different types

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(五)月

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - How Do Vaccines Reach the Developing World?By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, March 06, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Development Report. Guatamalan baby infected

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(三)月

HEALTH REPORT - Increasing Supplies of Malaria Drug Through Genetic EngineeringBy Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 I'm Shep O'Neal with the VOA Special English Health Report. Malaria

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(四)月

WASHINGTON, Nov. 18 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Friday approved Erwinaze to treat patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), who have developed an allergy to E. coli derived asparaginase and pegapargase chemother

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Chinas healthcare reforms have been an important part of the countrys efforts to provide more social security and improve the peoples wellbeing. CCTV News Senior Reporter Tian Wei caught up with Chen Zhu, the Minister of Health, on the sidelines of t

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年03月

A clear majority of students profiled failed to voluntarily avoid their gadgets for one full day. Withdrawalsymptoms experienced by young people deprived of gadgets and technology is compared to those felt by drug addicts or smokers going cold turkey

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. a country mile一段很长的距离 该习语多用在美国口语中,名词country有农场的意思。在美国,由于科技比较发达,农场往往都很大。这些农场总能给人以辽阔、遥远之感。故该习语用country来指距

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

今天我们要学的词是pay off。 Pay off, 是取得成果的意思。His perseverance finally paid off, 意思是他的坚持不懈终于有了成果。The anti-drug campaign among the city's youth is paying off, 针对城里年轻人展开的反吸

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

委内瑞拉驱逐3名哥伦比亚毒贩 CARACAS, May 27 (Xinhua) -- The Venezuelan government on Monday deported three alleged drug traffickers wanted by Interpol ( International Criminal Police Organization) to Colombia, local media reported. The s

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

18 years have come and gone For momma they flew by But for me they just drug on We were loading up that Chevy Both tryin' not to cry Momma kept on talking Putting off good-bye Then she took my hand and said Baby don't forget Before you hit the highwa

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Thank you, Cynthia. 谢谢,辛西娅 Let me get this straight. 让我直说 Although you're looking for a drug 尽管你在找寻一种药 that can solve aging 它能解决 in old men like me, 像我一样老人的衰老问题 what you could do now

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: The debate on approving new drugs to treat pain can sometimes get as polarized as abortion or gun control, as the number of people who become addicted or who have died from overdoses of legal painkillers increases. Several states a

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

墨西哥确认逮捕头号通缉毒枭 MEXICO CITY, Feb. 22 (Xinhua) -- Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto confirmed the capture of the world's most wanted drug lord, Joaquin Guzman Loera, known as El Chapo, in the Pacific resort of Mazatlan Satur

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

原文:For the second group they used dummy drug。 原译:他们对第二组用了假药。 辨析:假药是会害死人的,奸商才会卖假药.。这个假字的英文是fake。凡是用以欺骗人的假货都是fake(d) products/goods,假

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

June 26th marks the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking. Illicit drug use has seen continued increases across the country, especially among young people under the age of 18. Falling into a life of abuse can be devastating to

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年07月

You feel like the rain coming down on the sea You take away the pain cause your love is pure ecstasy You you feel like the sun shining down on my shadow You you feel like a drug high and low But I know you're no good no good And I know you're no good

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Business. 商业。 Pfizer. 辉瑞制药有限公司。 Taking its medicine. 自尝苦果。 A drug giant coughs up to settle bribery charges. 一个制药巨头被迫出钱就撤销行贿指控与司法部达成和解。 IN AMERICA, it was once comm

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Shenzhou-10 Spacecraft Returns to Earth The three astronauts aboard the Shenzhou-10 spacecraft have now come out of the return capsule. All appear to be in good physical condition and in good spirits. One of the astronauts, Nie Haisheng has set a rec

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 Hourly News 每小时新闻