Dr. Anthony Fauci doesn't get too excited about the results of animal studies, and he doesn't make house calls. 对于动物研究的结果,安东尼弗契博士并不是那么激动,他也从不上门亲访。 But when a drug already taken by th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Mexico has intensified efforts to find fugitive drug lord Joaquin El Chapo Guzman after he avoided capture on Saturday. The security cabinet says officials believe the drug trafficker injured a leg and his face as he made his getaway. It provided no

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Open a newspaper any day of the week and youre likely to read about a promising new treatment for one disease or another. But according to a study publis

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

What you eat affects more than physical health. Two new studies have added to the growing evidence linking the stomach and the brain. In a report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers studied how junk food can trigger ad

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

Six, Five, four three, two, one, booster ignition and liftoff of space shuttle Endeavour,preparing our home in space for a larger international family. The space shuttle Endeavour with the seven-member crew lifting off the pad just moments ago at C

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

EXPLORATIONS - Four Companies Working for the Common Good Instead of Profit By Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with E

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

1987年6月12日至26日,联合国在维也纳召开有138个国家的3000多名代表参加的麻醉品滥用和非法贩运问题部长级会议(the General Assembly)。与会代表一致同意将每年的6月26日定为国际禁毒日(the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 节日英语

Yeah ooh yeah Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah Yeah yeah yeah I'm on it I want it So hot and gimmie a mic and I rock it Cause my love for you goes non- stop stop and You your the only one I really need Any place I feel you need to go Is the on

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Drug firms and cancer Lucrative lifesavers 医药公司和癌症 利润丰厚的救星 The hopes and perils of betting on cancer treatments 癌症治疗的希望和风险 NEW weapons are emerging in the war on cancer. 在对癌症的战争中不断有新

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

1. Very hazardous and nearly impossible. That is how forecasters and government officials near Washington D.C. are describing what trouble will be like tonight. The mid-Atlantic is bracing for a storm that could dump up to two feet of snow in certain

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(二月)

AS IT IS 2016-01-09 Most Wanted Drug Kingpin El Chapo Arrested 墨西哥大毒枭古兹曼越狱后再次被捕 Fugitive drug lord Joaquin El Chapo Guzman has been captured six months after his bold escape from prison. He was one of the most wanted m

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2016-03-13 Tennis Star Sharapova Admits Banned Drug Use 莎拉波娃承认服用禁药 A few days ago I received a letter from the ITF (International Tennis Federation) that I had failed a drug test at the Australian Open. I did fail the tes

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

HEALTH REPORT - U.S., European Drug Officials Approve Inhaled InsulinBy Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Health Report. A form of insul

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(二)月

Action superstar Jackie Chan has apologized via microblog for his son's drug use. Chan says he is ashamed and saddened at the actions of his celebrity son, Jaycee. The younger Chan, 31, and Taiwan actor Kai Ko, 23, were detained last Thursday. Police

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

针对毒品,如何降低犯罪率?来听听他们怎么说....... Neil: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. In this programme we talk about a story in the news and learn some new vocabulary while were doing it. Im Ne

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

This is WEEKEND EDITION from NPR News. I'm Rachel Martin. And this is For The Record. There was good news and bad news for the FBI this past week. A congressionally mandated report says the agency has made major improvements since 9/11 but still need

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Business. 商业。 Mis-selling drugs. 违规销售药物。 The settlers. 和解者。 American prosecutors wring $3 billion from GlaxoSmithKline. 美国检察官提请对葛兰素史克公司处以30亿美元罚款。 PATRIOTIC pundits might make s

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Broadcast: May 5, 2003 By Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: Crime in the United States has decreased in recent years. One problem now is what to do about crowded prisons. I'm Phoebe Zimmermann with Steve Embe

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-社会广角

NEW YORK - Breaking up your fitness routine is hard to do. But it's crucial for avoiding the bigger heartache of overuse injury, fitness experts say. People tend to do the same thing over and over again, without varying it, without taking adequate re

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Beijing announced that public hospitals will end markups on drug prices to separate medical treatment and drug sales, and to lower costs to patients. 北京市日前宣布,公立医院将取消药品加成,以实现医药分离,降低病患就医

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻