SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Looking for New Ways to Ease the Pain of Fibromyalgia FAITH LAPIDUS: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And I'm Christopher Cruise. Today, we talk about fibromyalgia syndro

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

BP CEO Tony Hayward, testifying before Congress for the first time since the oil rig explosion in April, says he is deeply sorry for the deadly blast and the oil spill, but as NPR's Giles Snyder reports, the BP chief is getting little sympathy. The d

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

实用知识点: Addict /??d?kt/ (名)瘾君子 Addict /??d?kt/ (动)上瘾 Increase /??nkris/ (名)增加 Increase /?n?kris/ (动)增加,增长 Insult /'?ns?lt/ (名)辱骂 Insult /?n?s?lt/ (动)侮辱 Object /'ɑbd??kt/ (

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Having a high IQ may have its drawbacks: a new study finds that highly intelligent children are more likely to try illegal drugs in their teenage and adult years. The work is published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. An ongoing s

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

北外英语中级听力-30

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

BBC Learning English 6 Minute English Love Drug Yvonne: Hi, this is 6 Minute English with Yvonne Archer and joining me today is Callum Robertson. Hello Callum! Callum: Hello Yvonne. Yvonne: Thanks for joining me. Now today, we'll hear a report about

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

yeah,you'd better talk about this thing.Now now now look hero be you.You can give a little pity pig let them out three senses to a wood calls like underprevely children drug.I was reading here just other day when the some were like ball hundred meeti

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

TWO drug executives walked into a bar. No, this is not the start of a joke. The workers for Roche, a Swiss drugs firm, had been dining with doctors after a medical conference. At the bar, alleged an anonymous complaint in a recent report by a British

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Business 商业 Drug research 药品研究 All together now 大家齐心协力 Charities help Big Pharma 慈善机构协助大型制药公司 IT WAS once only drug firms that developed drugs. But this is changing. Take the case of the Michael J. Fox

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Cancer therapy 癌症治疗 Taking aim sooner 即将实现对症下药 If personalised medicine is to achieve its full potential, it should be used earlier on in clinical trials 若想让个体化药物发挥最大潜力,那就应该尽早将它投入

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Africa Is Warned as Fake Malaria Drugs Spread in AsiaBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:00:00 UTC I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Development Report. This we

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(六)月

58 对赌博时大脑活动情况的研究 DATE=6-14-01 TITLE=SCIENCE REPORT ?Gambling and the Brain BYLINE=George Grow (Start at 0'11

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

US Delegation Visits Colombia Rhoda Metcalfe Bogota 31 Aug 2001 23:33 UTC It ' s been almost a year since the U.S. government agreed to invest more than $1.3 billion in a wide-ranging anti-narcotics p

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

China's state prosecutor said on Monday it had formally charged Jaycee Chan, son of kung fu movie star Jackie Chan, with a drugs offence, meaning he is almost certain to face trial. The younger Chan, a 32-year-old actor and singer, was arrested in Be

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Fashionista 潮人 Its cool, but it costs you a lot to be fashionista Hot chick 辣妹 There are a lot of hot chicks in this pub She always calls herself a sexy mama Startling 雷人 I read some startling news on BBS Shunned 封杀 The actor was shun

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

How one company is using artificial intelligence to develop a cure for cancer 人类能否在两三年内治愈癌症? Could we be just two or three years away from curing cancer? Niven Narain, the president of Berg, a small Boston-based biotech fi

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A double chin is the dreaded sight faced by many people looking into a mirror. 许多人照镜子时看到自己的双下巴都会吓一跳。 Now, a U.S. company claims to have invented an injection which can banish that chin bulge. 现在,一家美

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Jade Valerie - Like A Bird Like a Bird Like a Bird Like an Island you cant reach I know I am stronger than you think Like a Bird or an Island you cant reach Im an addict and an angel, and I know that I am heaven expelled Dont need preacher or a teach

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Drugmakers and antibiotics 制药商和抗生素 The path of least resistance 最省事的办法 Governments reckon that drug firms' research efforts need a shot in the arm 政府认为需要鼓励药企的研发工作 A GROWING worry in medicine is

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

犯罪现象英语对话 凯西: Is there a lot of crime in your city? 你们国家犯罪现象多吗? 杰克: There`s some, but I don`t think it`s a big problem. A lot of it is petty crime, burglary and car theft. There`s very little major crime. 有是

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语