[00:08.58](monologue) buzzed in, locked in. It was like visiting my mother. only I was in the crazy house now. 门铃声,反锁声,就像去探望我的妈咪。只是现在是我在疯人院 [00:57.10](monologue) and I didn't get out in 24 hours

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-风雨哈佛路

Old Medicines Preserved in US Apothecary Museum In earlier times, healers and health workers used strangely-named plants for medicinal purposes. Plants with names such as dragons blood, mandrake root and devils snare could be bought at a drugstore ca

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

1.Congressional officials say President Obama plans to withdraw most American troops from Iraq by August of 2010, but tens of thousands will stay behind to advise(原为revise) Iraqi forces and protect U.S. interests in that country. Obama is expecte

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(二)月

Germany's 'Babylon Berlin' Crime Series Is Like 'Cabaret' On Cocaine KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: German TV series are getting popular here in the U.S. First there was Deutschland 83. Then there was Dark. And now the latest is a crime series set in 1920s Ber

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

BBC News with Johnathon Izard. Within the past few minutes, the campaign team for the French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron has said it has been the victim of a massive and coordinated hacking attack after thousands of documents were released

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

BBC news with David Austin. The Hollywood actress Debbie Reynolds has died just one day after the death of her daughter, the film star Carrie Fisher. She was 84 and had been rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke. Her son said the stress of his s

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

That was headquarters. They want me to 刚才总部来电话了。他们想让我 Thank you. 谢谢。 They want me to go to Las Vegas at once...Make contact with a Portuguese photographer named Lacerda. 他们想让我立刻去拉斯维加斯与一个

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

Using Illegal Drugs Nancy: So, what do you think? Ron: Uh, that was interesting. Nancy: Thats all you have to say? I spent six months making this anti- drug film to show students in schools to try and deter illegal drug use. Ron: Well, Im not sure if

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

I and my colleagues Art Aron and Lucy Brown and others, have put 37 people who are madly in love into a functional MRI brain scanner. 17 who were happily in love, 15 who had just been dumped, and we're just starting our third experiment: studying peo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Hi,everybody.Thirty years ago,there were 500,000 people behind bars in America.Today,there are 2.2 million.The United States is home to 5 percent of the world's population,but 25 percent of the world's prisoners.Every year,we spend $80 billion to kee

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Red Bull is the worlds most popular energy drink. It originated in Thailand and was brought to global attention by an Austrian toothpaste marketer called Dietrich Mateschitz. He was amazed how a Thai pick-me-up drink called Krating Daeng (Red Bull in

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Cocaine 可卡因 Cocculine 衡州乌药灵 Coclaurine 乌药碱 Codeine 可待因 Codonopsis P.E. 党参提取物 Colchicine 秋水仙碱 Columbin 古伦宾 Common cnidium fruit P.E 蛇床子提取物

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 医务英语

AS IT IS 2014-11-22 Kenyan Runners Accused of Using Banned Substances 肯尼亚选手被指控使用违禁物质 A new report says some Kenyan athletes are using banned drugs to win sporting events. This year, Kenyan runners won marathons in the Amer

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Love is a Matter of the Brain While our thoughts and emotions seem like invisible, intangible things, these internal states can be inferred by monitoring blood flow in different parts of our brain using advanced imaging techniques. Neuroscientist Luc

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

BBC news. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are holding a final day of rallies in the US presidential election after an acrimonious campaign. The latest opinion polls suggest Mrs. Clinton is leading her Republican rival by about 4 percentage points. S

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

August 9th, 1945The United States drops a second atomic bomb on Japan during World War II. This time, the target is the city of Nagasaki, where the nuclear blast kills an estimated 74,000 people. President Harry Truman: If Japan does not surrender, b

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

Oprah Winfrey is one of the most successful women in the history of the United States of America. Winfrey was born in a small town in Mississippi in 1954 into a poor family. She is now one of the richest people in the world, and the richest black Ame

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Boring,歌名如此,歌本身却绝对适合在一个懒散、昏睡、无聊的周六下午,书桌前摊开一本根本不想认真看的书,插上耳机,The Pierces两姐妹沁凉的声音灌进来,好像喝了杯味道特别的冰咖啡,

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

The French Prime Minister Manuel Valls says that some of those linked to the attacks in last week in Paris which killed 129 people used then migration crisis in Europe to enter France unnoticed. He was speaking on French television. These individuals

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Voice 1 Hello. Im Ruby Jones. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. A small candle burns. It re

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight