影视剧中的职场美语 第128期:抱怨
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
英语课
That was headquarters. They want me to…
刚才总部来电话了。他们想让我…
Thank you.
谢谢。
They want me to go to Las Vegas at once...Make contact with a Portuguese 1 photographer named Lacerda.
他们想让我立刻去拉斯维加斯……与一个叫拉塞尔达的葡萄牙摄影师接触,
He'11 have all the details. All I have to do is check into my soundproof suite 2.
他知道所有的事情。我要做的就是住进一个有隔音的套房。
He'll seek me out. What do you think?
他会把我搜出来的。你觉得怎样?
Sounds like real trouble!
听起来麻烦大了!
You're gonna need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over.
你需要一堆法律建议才能把这件事挡过去。
Oh, yeah.
是啊。
As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top.
作为你的律师,我建议你租一辆敞篷的快车。
And you'll need the cocaine 3. Tape recorder for special music.Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of L.A.for at least forty-eight hours.
你要带上那些可卡因,录音器,衬衫,离开洛杉矶至少48个小时。
Blows my weekend.Why?
我的周末该泡汤了。为什么?
Cause, naturally, I'm gonna have to go with you. We're gonna have to arm ourselves to the teeth.
因为,很自然的,我得跟你一块儿去啊。这次我们俩必须都武装好。
Well, why not? I mean, if a thing's worth doing, it,s worth doing right.
呃,为什么不呢?我的意思是,如果一件事情值得做,就要做好。
The clients said they need a presentation by Monday, so everybody has to come on Saturday and Sunday.
客户说他们周一就要看方案展示,所以大家这周六和周日都要来上班。
What? Working on the weekend is the pits!
什么?周末还要上班真是太惨无人道了!
Working on the weekend is the pits!
周末还要真是太扯了!
I hear you. Do you want to grab a drink after work?
我完全同意。你想下班了去喝一杯吗?
重点讲解
I hate working on the weekend.
Working on the weekend is the pits!
be the pits是固定的短语,指十分糟糕、不讨人喜欢的事物或状况。如果抱怨周末加班,就可以说:Working on the weekend is the pits!这个地道的抱怨比间单无力的hate working要给力很多。pit作为名词是坑洞的思思,如:It is the pits.真是坑人啊!真是糟透了。
1 Portuguese
n.葡萄牙人;葡萄牙语
- They styled their house in the Portuguese manner.他们仿照葡萄牙的风格设计自己的房子。
- Her family is Portuguese in origin.她的家族是葡萄牙血统。
标签:
职场美语