[00:16.55]Coming. [00:22.76]You must be Tad. [00:24.13]Must be. You are Tad. I know what you look like. [00:26.79]- Nice to meet you, Mr. Futch. - Henry, for God's sake. [00:29.64]- Please, come in. - Thank you. [00:31.75]- Rosie'll be down in a minu

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语—偶像有约

US House Passes 1st Major Prison Reform Measure in 8 Years The rate of imprisonment in the United States is the highest in the world. Many lawmakers and policy experts have called the situation a prison epidemic. But, Representative Hakeem Jeffries,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Vice President Mike Pence had an important message to deliver to the people of Colombia on his recent visit: The United States stands with Colombia because our security and our prosperity are inextricably linked. Our interests are aligned. Our values

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(8月)

Union stalwart Bill Kelty has issued a reality check to Labor and Union movement. The Former ACTU secretary has told its national Congress the hope and trust the Australian people once had in the Labor party has retreated. He says Labor needs to arti

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

From the steps of Lincoln Memorial, conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck told the tens of thousands of people gather for his rally that the US has too long wandered in darkness. Speaker Sarah Palin praised patriots to audience for knowing never to ret

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(八月)

BBC News with Neil Nunes. The winner of the Gambia's presidential election Adama Barrow has called on President Yahya Jammeh to engage in direct talks to resolve the country's political crisis. Mr. Barrow told the BBC he was confident he would be swo

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

迷你对话: A: A friend of mine is now in the big house. He was caught red-handed for selling cocaine. 我的一个朋友现在在监狱里,他出售可卡因给人当场抓住。 B: That is a deadly risky business. He should have it coming on

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Gary Webb, San Jose Mercury News. Do you believe in conspiracy theories, Gary? No, __________1__________. Conspiracies, yes. If I believe it, there is nothing theory about it. Was the government aware that ___________2__________ into the US? Yes. The

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

Good afternoon I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. If you are flying on American or Delta today, do yourself a favor and check the status of your flight before you leave home. Both airl

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(三)月

Nancy: So, what do you think? Ron: Uh, that was interesting. Nancy: Thats all you have to say? I spent six months making this anti- drug film to show students in schools to try and deter illegal drug use. Ron: Well, Im not sure if it gets the point a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Vice President Dick Cheney made a rare campaign appearance to stump for Republicans in his home state of Wyoming. He also voiced his support for GOP presidential candidate John McCain. McCain's Democratic rival Barack Obama was quick to pounce on th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

[Intro] My anaconda don't My anaconda don't My anaconda don't want none Unless you got buns, hun [Verse 1] Boy toy named Troy, used to live in Detroit Big dope dealer money, he was gettin' some coins Was in shootouts with the law, but he live in a pa

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

Liberia's Drug Enforcement Agency says it lacks the financial and logistical support to adequately crack down on illegal drug trafficking. Agency officials say the country's weak drug laws are compounding the problem. According to Liberia's Drug Enfo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

She reconciled with her father when they made 1981's On Golden Pond. Later, learning about her mom's mental illness helped her find closure. 她和父亲在1981年拍摄《金色池塘》时言归于好。后来,了解到母亲的精神疾病,帮助

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

Lindsay Lohan is reportedly struggling to cope while in rehab for the fourth time. The Machete actress is currently undergoing treatment for drug abuse at the Betty Ford Clinic in California and is said to be finding life at the facility lonely. Howe

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. Top Goldman Sachs officials are finding no allies on a Senate panel investigating its role in the nation's financial crisis. Democratic senator Carl Levin says the investment banking firm wreaked havoc on the economy. The committee chairman says G

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(五月)

The US health authorities have stepped up warnings about the risks to pregnant women from the Zika virus in a district of Miami in Florida. Experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the CDC, are heading to the city to reinforce eff

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

From VOA Learning English, this is Science In The News. Im Mario Ritter. And Im Jeri Watson. Today we tell about an experimental way to cure drug dependency in rats. We also tell about a health threat to one third of all adults. We have a report on a

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Felix Dennis publishes magazines. He is, in fact, a very successful publisher, and his magazines have made him very rich. He is one of the richest people in Britain. He has written a book about how to get rich. Unlike most books that tell you how to

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

When I was a hitchhiker on the road I had to count on you But you needed me to ease the load And for conversation too Or did you just drive on through. You didn't see me in Toronto When I first tried out some hash Smoked some then and I'll do it agai

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语