1. BP's Top Kill operation is underway. The company says it's trying to seal the blown-out oil well in the Gulf of Mexico by pumping heavy mud into it. Company officials say it could be a couple of days before they know whether it's working. 2. After

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(五月)

Hi everybody, this is Nick. Welcome to teaching series how do you say this in American English. Nick: Hello大家好我叫Nick Brad:大家好,我是Brad. Hi everyone, my name is Brad. Nick:今天呢还是我的老朋友Brad,我们今天来教大家

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 全网最酷美语怎么说

National Agriculture Day is a day to appreciate and celebrate the work of farmers and the agricultural industry. Perhaps few of us stop and think about the vital work that takes place every day by food producers. Without them, there would be no produ

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

TRANSCRIPT OF THE PRIME MINISTER'S BROADCAST ON 10 MARCH 2000 I make no apologies for returning to the subject of drugs so soon. As I said three weeks ago, the threat drugs pose to our children is something which terrifies all parents. Some of you m

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 布莱尔首相演讲

A United Nations report says Asia is becoming a major center for the cocaine trade. The UN report says Colombia remains the worlds top producer of cocaine. Yet the amount of the drug seized in Asia in 2016 was three times greater than the amount seiz

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Bruno Mars 居然也开始大尺度了,这世界怎么了?但是性感起来的火星哥简直可以燃烧整个宇宙! 歌词: Ooh I got a body full of liquor with a cocaine kicker and I'm feeling like I'm thirty feet tall So lay it down, la

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

People tend to think of prohibition as the ultimate form of regulation 人们倾向于认为:禁止就是最终极的管制方案。 when in fact it represents the abdication of regulation with criminals filling the void. 而事实上,它代表的是

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

But when hundreds of thousands of Chinese started showing up in my country, 但是,当成千上万的中国人开始出现在我的国家, working hard on the railroads and the mines and then kicking back in the evening just like they had in the ol

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Colombia captures top drug lord(毒枭) 哥伦比亚抓获顶级毒枭 Daniel Rendon Herrera is now in the custody of (在。。。监护下)Colombian authorities Colombian authorities have arrested the country's most wanted drug lord, the government has said. Dan

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

actress,TV,airliner,1. For Taryn Manning it was as she put it the most

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

1. The U.S. and France reached an agreement on a UN Security Council resolution to bring an end to the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah. U.S. Ambassador John Bolton says the resolution will proba

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

1. It looks like retirement for tennis pro Martina Hingis as drug allegations swirl around the five-time Grand Slam champion and Wimbledon winner. Hingis says she's been accused of testing positive for cocaine but denies using the drug. 2. Police in

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

This is AP News Minute. 1. World leaders meeting at the United Nations Tuesday to discuss how to defeat the Islamic States group. President Barack Obama announcing Nigeria, Tunisia and Malaysia are the newest members of the US-led coalition to fight

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(十)月

Obama Calls for Changes to Criminal Justice System 奥巴马呼吁改革美国刑事司法系统 President Barack Obama is calling for major changes to the American criminal justice system. He says problems in the current system are ones that the cou

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-06 Two Years After Legalizing Marijuana Sales, What Has Happened? Two years ago the U.S. states of Washington and Colorado became the worlds first legal marketplaces for recreational marijuana. In other words, people in those states

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Nations gathered at the annual meeting of the International Monetary Fund of the world Bank promising to send increased amount of 80E to Ebola strict in Africa countries in need more quickly. Groups also promising medical evacuations for health care

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali of Tunisia has announced that he'll not stand for re-election in 2014. The president, who has enjoyed almost unchallenged power for more than 20 years, was speaking as violent demonstrations against unemployment and

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Syrian troops and tanks have moved into areas along the border with Turkey, where thousands of people had taken refuge from the campaign against political protests. Witnesses on the Turkish side of the border saw Syrian troops patrolling the village

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(312) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

In an emotional speech at the White House, President Obama has detailed his plans to tighten gun controls. He introduced the new measures including background checks by executive order sidestepping congressional opposition. Jon Sopel reports. His nic

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(214) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

The US defence secretary Ash Carterhas signaled a change in American strategy against the Islamic State group in the Iraq and Syria. Testifying before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Mr. Carter said the US-led coalition would intensify airstrike

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版