We're back and of all the tragic stories coming out of Haiti, one of the most wrentching is the thousands of children who were orphaned in an instant when that earthquake hit. We've been reporting on efforts by Americans to adopt some of them. Now ou

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Like Paul Jobs, Joanne Schieble was from a rural Wisconsin family of German heritage. 与保罗乔布斯一样,乔安妮席贝尔 (Joanne Schieble )也来自威斯康星乡村的一个德裔家庭。 Her father, Arthur Schieble, had immigrated to

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

9.Among the most popular : paternity and kinship testing , which adopted children can use to find their biological relatives and families can use to track down kids put up for adoption. 【分析】复合句。句子的主干是Among the most popular

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

We have a new addition to our house. It's a furry, playful little thing that, at the moment, is fast asleep(1). Lilly is her name, but I'm not sure if it suits(2) her. Most of the time 'mini monster' would suit her, as she hides around the corners, w

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

How names are called in America People generally call each other by their first names much sooner in their acquaintance than people do in other walks of life.Taking that liberty too soon has closed many doors for the offender.Therefore,one must sense

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

[00:02.54]a tough, tough thing to do. 很难很难的事情 [00:06.22]Its probably tougher than you can understand right now. 比你现在想像的要难得多 [00:09.38]Oh, I I know. 哦,我知道 [00:11.86]And I its just that Im not ready to be a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-朱诺

[00:03.34]Lets talk about how were gonna do this thing. 来谈谈采用哪种方式 [00:03.70]What do you mean, dont I just 什么意思,难道我不是 [00:06.70]have the thing, squeeze it on out and hand it over? 怀上小孩,到时候挤出来给

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-朱诺

Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs reveals that the Apple co-founder was given up for adoption by his biological parents, American Joanne Schieble and Syrian-born Abdulfattah Jonh Jandali. The couple had another child together, a daughter name

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

This is China's final progress report on the MDGs before the adoption of the post-2015 development agenda later this year. According to the report, China has seen unprecedented transformational results in accomplishing the vision that was set out by

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

德国不承认克里米亚公投结果 BERLIN, March 17 (Xinhua) -- Germany will not recognize the outcome of a referendum held in Crimea and called for a quick move of an observer mission of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Never underestimate the true value of a handful of pocket change. 永远不要小看一把零钱的价值。 Rick Snyder, a 69-year-old resident of Manatee County, Florida, refused to sit still after he retired. Instead, he tended to one of his passi

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

PARISDelegates of more than 190 nations meeting in Paris adopted a historic accord Saturday that aims to slow the pace of global warming and for the first time asks all countries to limit their greenhouse gas emissions. Announcement of the final agre

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) -- Premier Wen Jiabao on Monday called for the government to push forward financial reforms. During a Monday inspection tour of the People's Bank of China, the country's central bank, Wen said efforts should be made to advan

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Morris and Becky were delighted when finally their long wait to adopt a baby came to an end. The adoption center called and told them they had a wonderful Russian baby boy, and the couple took him without hesitation... On the way home from the adopti

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

I had just returned from an income tax audit with the Internal Revenue Service, which everyone agrees is as pleasant as a bad session in the dentist's chair. The audit had gone well, but I was relieved it was over. To celebrate I bought an ice cream

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

A puppy born without his front legs is on the move, thanks to his 3-D printed wheelchair. 一只生来就没有前腿的小汪星人现在能走路啦!多亏了它的3D打印轮椅。 Tumbles, a six-week-old Terrier mix, was fitted with the prototy

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

WHITE HOUSEWhen the leaders of the United States and United Nations meet, there is seemingly no limit to the number of pressing issues that are up for discussion. President Barack Obama acknowledged the demands on the United Nations have never been g

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Mom, look! Aww! 妈妈,看!噢! Hello! Ooh, ooh! Pick me! I'm a good one! Just look at how cute I am! 你好!哦,哦!选我!我很乖!看我多可爱! Unh! I'm cute, too! And I'm hypoallergenic! Pick me!Pick me! Over here! Over here

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 咱们裸熊

It is also designed to reflect current market practice, with clear guidelines on communication between participants and on trade-execution practices 它还旨在反映当前市场实践,在参与者之间的沟通和交易执行操作上有明确的指

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

学生族除了每年的的法定假日以外,还可以享受寒暑假的悠闲时光,可上班族就没有这么幸福了,不过根据不同公司的规定,上班族也是享有一些特定的假期的,这些假期你都知道是什么吗?

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语