文本: Peter: It was kind of you, earlier to take the troublewith Grace. Katherine: Such a taking little thing. Peter: Hmm. Katherine: What's her story? Peter: Grace is one of our wanted children.Her bed and board are paid for probably by a parent

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

409. The Emancipation Proclamation, 1863. 409.《解放奴隶宣言》(1863年) On September 23, 1862, Lincoln issued a proclamation stating that on the first day of the new year he would declare free all slaves in any portion of the United Sta

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

How did this affect you? 这对你有何影响? I didnt know that I was adopted until I was twelve years old. 12岁以前我并不知道自己是被收养的。 I dont attribute very much of my personality to my adoption. 也并不认为被收养的经

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

I Have His Genes But Not His Genius It's Christmas Eve 2040, and I'm the only bartender still working that afternoon, and the house is practically empty. I see this guy down at the end of the bar, sit

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

And China's population is coming under control, but there are consequences no one intended. Couples often feel they must have a boy. That's because boys traditionally carry on the family name, provide labor and stay with parents in their old age, a k

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Not too far away is a little girl who has never known a mother, and she's never known a father, and she's never known a big sister. And today she's gonna get out of that. Hi, welcome to Ultimate Explorer, I'm Lisa Ling. Tonight, a story I've been wan

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

经典语境背诵 Dad: Shirley says that there are a lot of stray cats in the street, and she wants to adopt one ,thingking it may be our dog Barbies boyfriend. Its kind of her to think of that,but its surely wired to make a cat be a dogs boyfriend.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

I'm too old to have children now, Kim said to her friend. But I have a lot of money. I have enough money to adopt children. I am going to adopt two baby children. I am going to adopt a baby girl and a baby boy. Kim went to the adoption agency. She sa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

U.S.-India Energy Cooperation The U.S.-India State and Urban Initiative, led by the Center for Strategic and International Studies [CSIS] Wadhwani Chair in U.S.-India Policy Studies and the CSIS Energy and National Security Program, recently announce

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(六月)

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A 16-year-old mother receives care for her baby at a mobile health clinic in Garland, Texas, in a 2006 photo More than seven hundred thousand teenagers a year get pregnant in the United States. The teen

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

今天我们要学的词是limbo。 Limbo, 是指不确定的状态。纽约州长施皮策的召妓丑闻爆发后,大家都在观望,看他是否会辞职。与此同时,The questions about Spitzer's future put the state in limbo, 施皮策的去

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

China has released a new draft regulation for adoption, which for the first time allows children who were abducted to be adopted by mainland residents if the police could not find their biological parents or other guardians within 12 months. 我国日前

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SHANGHAI DAILY A call to relax adoption criteria A Chinese lawmaker is calling for the government to make adoption easier amid the increasing number of families who want to adopt. Jia Weiping, director of the Shanghai Diabetes Institute, says inferti

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

The United Nations Security Council has unanimously passed a new resolution imposing new sanctions on North Korea. As CRI's Washington correspondent Lv Xiaohong reports, while China has thrown its support behind the new sanctions, it's also calling f

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

According to the new document, a hukou is a basic right for all citizens since it's linked with social welfare as well as a variety of other rights, thus it should be protected. The guidelines require the improvement on current household registration

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Topic 1-Chinas Illicit Adoption Market Goes Online With Chinas often long and cumbersome adoption process, many prospective parents are turning to internet chat groups to arguably buy children instead. Lets have a closer look on the issue. Topic 2-30

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

【生词预览】 adopt收养,hesitation犹豫,enroll招生,possess影响, 【笑话原文】 The Russian Baby Morris and Becky were delighted when finally their long wait to adopt a baby came to an end. The adoption center called and told t

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

有些重点中学为了在自主招生或直推中以示公正,往往会公布学生的成绩或排名,请就此现象谈谈你的看法。 With the adoption of the quality-education policy, many advanced teaching methods have been introduced to

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

模仿文本:First though, opening in cinemas this weekend is Philomena, a film directed by Stephen Frears, based on an experience of an Irish woman Philomena Lee, who was forced in the 1950s to give up her baby son for adoption. Pregnant but unma

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀