Part II Listening Comprehension (30 minutes) Section A Directions: In this section, you will hear 8 short conversations and 2 long conversations. At the end of each conversation, one or more questions will be asked about what was said. Both the conve

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四级英语考试听力真题

人权峰会寻求美国的领导地位 This year's Human Rights First summit centered on the global refugee crisis, the spread of violent extremism, and the rise of authoritarianism-challenges which the organization believes the U.S. must play an es

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

unit05_newwords_b |@|1spoil|vt . |1. give a child everything they want, or let them do whatever they want, often with the result that they behave badly |溺爱;宠坏 ||||Her parents have spoiled the little girl by giving her everything she had eve

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第一册

Over the next generation, we need to pursue a shared vision of the future. We need a system which will help us navigate the month-to-month crises of foreign policy, and to capital on the international sense of community expressed so powerfully in the

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 林超伦实战口译练习笔记

I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stori

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

Bush: Troop Withdrawal Would Weaken US 布什:撤军会削弱美国实力 There were protestors in Utah Monday when the president gave a speech there to a veterans group. More are expected to turn up

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--国政军事聚焦

1. Thousands of Americans are celebrating the Fourth of July in the nation's capital. Washington's annual celebration takes place on the National Mall. 2. Former North Carolina Senator Jesse Helms has died at the age of 86. Helms was a favorite of c

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(七)月

1. Israel has been targeting the homes of suspected militants in the Gaza Strip today. Palestinian medical officials say at least 11 civilians, including four small children were killed when an Israeli missile flattened a two-story house. 2. Presiden

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(十一月)

1. A Florida sinkhole that swallowed a man is growing deeper. Crews are testing the earth around Jeff Bush's home and two of his neighbors. But they say the ground is so unstable they have been unable to search for Bush's body. 2. In Russia, thousand

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(三月)

Advantages threatened by poor management Steve Baragona | Washington, DC 15 April 2010 No-till agriculture is one of the benefits of GE crops that is threatened by poor management Related Links National Research Council report Genetically engineered

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Tajikistan is considering a bill that would prohibit the use of Russian by government agencies in the former Soviet republic. Tajik President Emomali Rakhmon is urging lawmakers in the Central Asian country to speed passage of the measure, which som

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(七月)

Questions Surround Bitcoin Future 关于比特币未来的问题 There are troubling questions about the future of the digital currency known as Bitcoin. The value of the virtual currency has fluctuated wildly in recent months - plummeting from an al

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Let's back away from the news for a moment, back away from individual stories to see a theme that many of them share. It's like we're backing away from a tree to see the forest. The theme is a conflict between core American value

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Dialogue 1 MARK: Hey Jingjing, I remember you told me about a dog that was up for adoption. Did it ever find a good home? 马克: 嗨,京晶,我记得你跟我说过有只小狗需要被领养。它找到一户好人家了吗? JINGJING: Yes, actu

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

On Saturday, China's Special Representative on Climate Change and chief negotiator Xie Zhenghua praised the adoption of the deal in Paris. The Chinese delegation fully supports the joint efforts of the chairman of COP21, negotiators and delegations o

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

By Selah Hennessy Dakar 14 November 2007 Students and other demonstrators have rallied in the streets of Chad's capital, N'Djamena, protesting against French efforts to repatriate aid workers charged in the recent Zoe's Ark adoption controversy. Loca

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization countries have met in Beijing in preparation for the upcoming Qingdao Summit. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says the June meeting is going to produce significant results. SCO foreign ministers

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

The founder of FaceBook Mark Zuckerberg has announced the birth of his first child, a girl called Max and he is vowed to donate most of his fortune to make the world a better place for her to grow up in, David Lee reports from Los Angeles. Mark Zucke

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

By Peter Heinlein Addis Ababa 02 February 2008 The newly-elected head of the African Union, Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete, says Chad will be expelled from the organization if rebels take power by force. VOA's Peter Heinlein has this report from

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

The atrocious crime of being a young man, which the honorable gentleman has, with such spirit and decency, charged upon me, 这位深孚众望的绅士用这样的心情和礼仪指责我说,这是一个年轻人令人震惊的犯罪。 I shall nei

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册