Burma's Ex-Political Prisoners Face Challenges In Burma's main city, progress edges forward slowly as economic development and political reform take shape. But while many foreign businesses have been quick to forget Burma's troubled past, many reside

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

这两期的节目主要是采访亚力克斯,听她讲述她的精彩人生以及有趣的冒险故事,亚力克斯的英语非常好,但其实英语只是她的第二外语,她又是如何做到的呢? Harp: Did you miss the city, or you we

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Like many good things, the Garp started out as an idea. A boy had been told by his Science teacher to make an instrument involving specific measurements and the number eight. Well, the idea moved around in the mind of the boy for a few days, changing

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

图片1 Are you single or dating someone? Are you in a relationship, but remember your days of dating? This is a fun episode with Harp and Maura talking about dating in North America. They talk about dating rules, some of their own experiences, and r

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Wouldnt everyone like to be able to know how other people feel without them telling you? Sometimes we can tell how someone is feeling and other times we cant. The expressions in this episode are focused on knowing the feelings and emotions of other p

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

We are sorry for the delay in posting this episode. This episode is for you if you love cars, plan on driving around Canada, or are curious about more vocabulary related to these topics. In Canada the seasons change quite a bit, which makes for a var

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Have you ever wondered about who we are at Culips? Do you know anything about how we started making English podcasts? Listen to the answers in this episode! Some of our listeners wrote saying they were curious to know more about us, so know you can l

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Do you have pets? Do you want pets? In this episode, Maura and Harp talk about pets! (Maura has them and Harp doesnt.) First, they discuss their experiences living with animals and tell some funny stories. Then they talk about average pets and those

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Heres an episode all about growing up. We all have to do it one day, dont we? To settle down and to lay down some roots are expressions that we can use to talk about a time in a persons life when they begin to do more adult things. Theres also often

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

A big Congratulations! from all of us here at Culips to Hasan and Gulustan from Azerbaijan on your recent engagement! We wish you all the best in your new lives together. In honour of Hasans recent proposal to Gulustan, he asked us to do an episode a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Happy New Year! Today were bringing you an episode where we look back at the past year at Culips and also forward into 2012. (The year 2012 can be said as two thousand and twelve or twenty-twelve.) In this episode, Harp and Maura talk about changes i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

This episode is all about gaining experience. We look at three different kinds of expressions relating to everything from having no experience to mastering a new skill. As always, we give you lots of explanations and examples, and tell you about the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

JON 琼恩 There were times, not many, but a few, when Jon Snow was glad he was a bastard. 在某些场合虽然不多,却依旧存在琼恩雪诺会暗自庆幸自己是个私生子。 As he filled his wine cup once more from a passing flagon, it

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Septa Mordane called after her. Arya, come back here! Dont you take another step! Your lady mother will hear of this. 茉丹修女在她背后叫道:艾莉亚,你给我回来,你再走一步试试看!我会把这件事告诉你母亲大人。

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

The seaweed is always greener In somebody else's lake You dream about going up there But that is a big mistake Just look at the world around you Right here on the ocean floor Such wonderful things surround you What more is you lookin' for? Under the

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡最佳英文歌曲

A great number of tombs were also found that appeared to date from the same time as Cheops's Great Pyramid in Egypt. 人们在这里找到了一大批墓穴,它们大约跟埃及的齐阿普斯金字塔建造的时期相同。 But while the pyramid

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

But the Egyptians knew what they were doing. 但是古埃及人知道他们在做什么。 Every detail is clear: how they used great nets to catch ducks on the Nile, 每一个细节都一目了然:他们如何在尼罗河畔用大网捕鸭, how

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

On the evening of the 10th of August, 1589, there was a wedding feast in one of the splendid mansions of the stately city. 1589年8月10日夜,在这个伟大城市的一座富丽堂皇的大厦里正举办一场婚宴。 The festivities were prolo

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Dialogue 1 Jingjing: Wow, Mark, looks like you've put on some pounds since I last saw you. 京晶:哇,马克,你看起来比我上次见到你时胖了些啊。 Mark: Yep, I'll admit, I haven't been eating very healthy lately. I've been burning

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

I might have a copper or two, but I'd sooner toss it down a well than pay for your howling, Ser Rodrik groused. 我是有两个铜板,但我宁可把钱扔到井里也不想听你鬼叫。罗德利克爵士没好气地说。 His opinion of singers

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》