Farm-Raised Fish Must Double to Meet Growing Global Demand 鱼养殖场需加倍投入以满足全球不断增长的需求 IMPERIAL, CALIFORNIA As the world population grows, there is a growing need for more food - including seafood. By 2030, the Wor

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Jimmy Liao had a difficult relationship with his short-tempered father. But he fondly remembers the fishing trips he took with his dad each Sunday. Liao is now a fish biologist. He says that fish have taught him how to swim through life's rough curr

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Fish ad 鱼的招亲广告 Today we're looking at fish single's ads, let's see--- single fish female seeks good father to help with eggs. Come on, don't be serious. Fish don't place ad in a paper, plus I thought a common assumption in biology is that

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

【美人鱼】: ① A fish out of water someone who is uncomfortable in a specific situation 不得其所的人 I felt like a fish out of water at my new school. 到新的学校后,我感觉不是很自在。 ② fish or cut bait either commit t

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Fish live in water, but do they drink it? The answer is yes, but how fish drink water depends on where they live. Water gets into a fish's body through osmosis, the process in which water diffuses from a higher to a lower concentration. For example,

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Ned! I exclaimed. 尼德兰!我喊。 In person, sir, and still after his prize! the Canadian replied. 正是他哩,先生,他是来追他的奖金的!加拿大人答。 You were thrown overboard after the frigate's collision? 您也是在战舰被

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

I was at the end of my strength; my fingers gave out; my hands were no help to me; my mouth opened convulsively, filling with brine; 我的气力尽了,我的手指都僵了,我的手再不能支持我了:我的嘴抽搐着,一张开就灌满海

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Conseil made one final effort, and bracing his hands on my shoulders, while I offered resistance with one supreme exertion, 康塞尔用尽最后的力量,托住我的肩膀,我尽力抗拒我最后的一次痉挛, he raised himself half out of

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Lastly , I can vouch - as improbable as it seems -- that even if I had wanted to destroy all my illusions , 最后,我还要肯定一点这看来像是不可能的即使我要打破我心中的一切幻想, even if I had been willing to give in t

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Just then, as if to take my side in the argument, a bubbling began astern of this strange submersible 这时候,好像是为了要证明我的论据是对的,这个奇异东西的后面沸腾起来, whose drive mechanism was obviously a propell

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Daylight appeared. The morning mists surrounded us, but they soon broke up. 天亮了。朝雾笼罩着我们,但不久就消散了。 I was about to proceed with a careful examination of the hull, whose topside formed a sort of horizontal platform

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

For Minnows, A Suicidal Survival Strategy 北美多种小型鱼类,特别是鲤科(Cyprinidae)鱼类的总称。亦指荫鱼科(Umbridae)和鱂科(Cyprinodontidae)鱼类,minnow一词又泛指许多大型鱼类的幼鱼。北美的鲤科米诺鱼包

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Smallest Fish 最小的鱼 澳洲科学家宣称,他们发现了世界上最小的鱼类,这种鱼的寿命只有两个月,也不会发育出鱼鳍,牙齿和鱼鳞等构造。 这种鱼名为大型婴儿鱼(Stout Infantfish),是澳洲博物馆

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest