英语听书《海底两万里》第86期 第7章 一种从未见过的鱼(9)
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Conseil made one final effort, and bracing 1 his hands on my shoulders, while I offered resistance with one supreme 2 exertion 3,
康塞尔用尽最后的力量,托住我的肩膀,我尽力抗拒我最后的一次痉挛,
he raised himself half out of the water, then fell back exhausted 4.
他半身浮出水面望望,然后又筋疲力尽地躺下
What did you see?
你看见什么吗?
I saw...,he muttered, I saw...but we mustn't talk...save our strength...!
我看见…他低声说,我看见…我们不要说话……我们保留我们剩下的力量吧!
What had he seen? Then, lord knows why, the thought of the monster came into my head for the first time...!
他看见了什么呢?当时我也不知道为什么忽然想起那怪物来了!
But even so, that voice? Gone are the days when Jonahs took refuge in the bellies 5 of whales!
可是那人声究竟…现在并不是约拿躲在鲸鱼肚子里的时代了!
Nevertheless, Conseil kept towing me.
不过康塞尔还拖着我。
Sometimes he looked up, stared straight ahead, and shouted a request for directions, which was answered by a voice that was getting closer and closer. I could barely hear it.
他有时抬起头来,直往前看,发出呼喊,回答他的声音越来越近了。我几乎没有听见。
adj.令人振奋的
- The country is bracing itself for the threatened enemy invasion. 这个国家正准备奋起抵抗敌人的入侵威胁。
- The atmosphere in the new government was bracing. 新政府的气氛是令人振奋的。
adj.极度的,最重要的;至高的,最高的
- It was the supreme moment in his life.那是他一生中最重要的时刻。
- He handed up the indictment to the supreme court.他把起诉书送交最高法院。
n.尽力,努力
- We were sweating profusely from the exertion of moving the furniture.我们搬动家具大费气力,累得大汗淋漓。
- She was hot and breathless from the exertion of cycling uphill.由于用力骑车爬坡,她浑身发热。
adj.极其疲惫的,精疲力尽的
- It was a long haul home and we arrived exhausted.搬运回家的这段路程特别长,到家时我们已筋疲力尽。
- Jenny was exhausted by the hustle of city life.珍妮被城市生活的忙乱弄得筋疲力尽。