It takes a lot of people to get huge buildings and machines finished on time and under budget. In the beginning, a team of engineers1 has to map out exactly what needs to be done. Then, groups of workers need to figure out how to cooperate and work i

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

The United States is working closely with Nigeria to improve efficiencies in the vital oil sector. 美国正与尼日利亚紧密合作,以提升重要行业石油业的效率。 The U.S. Commercial Service Nigeria sponsored a Single Company Promot

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(二月)

一个英语单词可分为三部分:前缀(prefix)词根(root)后缀(suffix)。位于词根前面的部分就是前缀。前缀,可以改变单词的意思。 carb-, carbo- 表示碳 carbon = carb + on n. 碳 carbohydrate = carbo + h

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

I... you know, when you get really good people, they know they are really good, 要知道与优秀、自信的人合作 and you don't have to baby people's ego so much, 不用太在乎他们的自尊 and what really matters is the work, that everybod

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

今天学的词组是common ground。 Common ground的意思是一致之处、共同点。 美国共和党人在2006年国会中期选举中失去在参众两院的多数席位。布什总统在选举后迅速作出反应说,他将同民主党人合作

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

核心句型: I hope our cooperation does without a hitch. 我希望我们的合作能顺利进行。 without a hitch直译过来就是:没有任何故障,这个短语的正确意思是:顺利进行,做事一帆风顺地。因此,当美国人

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

What a great job! If youre fortunate, youre a part of cultural events, more immediate, more lasting and even more enlightening than most anything else is that man has ever created. You get to make movies. The truth is that I have been blessed beyond

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Tillerson on U.S.-India Cooperation The United States and India continue to forge ever deeper bonds and expand their partnerships, as they have for over 70 years now. During a recent meeting in New Delhi, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and India's

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(11月)

LinkedIn, EF Offer Test Scores for English Learners EF Education First, a private education company, is working with LinkedIn to test members of the business social networking site on the language of business: English. The idea is simple. When Linked

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Oh dear. This is awkward. 天啊。太难相处了。 I've never worked with anyone like this before. 我从来没有和这种人工作过。 Well, now's your chance Anna. 你的机会来了,安娜。 Rachel may be awkward to manage but try these p

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

在宾夕法尼亚的实验室里,维杰库马和他的团队造出了超小的旋翼飞行器。 这些灵活的机器人能够群组飞行,能感应同伴,从事特别行动建筑工地,紧急救援等等。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

So here's the cool part. 接下来是极棒的部分。 My team, headed up by Chase Childs, is already beginning to look at some of the satellite imagery. 由蔡斯蔡尔兹带领的我们的团队,已经开始着眼于部分卫星图像。 Of cour

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Despite his autocratic nature -- he never worshipped at the altar of consensus 虽然乔布斯天性独裁专制,从不寄望于共识, Jobs worked hard to foster a culture of collaboration at Apple. 但他却着力在公司内部营造出一种合

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

今天Robert的办公室出现了一个生面孔――Kevin Hughes,此人代表美国一家运动产品公司,专程来台湾寻找加工合作。接洽的加工产品市运动型磁质石膏护垫,受伤的运动员包上这种产品上场比赛

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Sheldon和Leonard合作的一个实验课题被邀请去参加一个物理研讨会进行发表,但是Sheldon不愿意合作和Leonard去参加,Penny原本好心帮忙,却越帮越倒忙,使得两人的关系越发恶化,最后当众在研讨

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸

当两个人试着解决一个问题 无论他们竞争或是合作 他们的大脑内部究竟发生着什么? 行为经济学家 Colin Camerer 所带来的研究调查揭示出我们预测别人会如何想的能力究竟多么有限。 并且他提

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:美妙的神经系统

Police officers from China are to collaborate with police officers from Italy in two joint patrols in Rome and Milan for two weeks starting from Monday. 从周一起,中国警察将与意大利警察合作,一同走上罗马和米兰街头,开展

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

ESPN, the sports arm of Disney, has struck a major strategic deal with online giant Tencent. The agreement will see ESPN content localized and exclusively distributed in China via Tencent's digital platforms. 近日,迪士尼旗下体育频道ESPN与

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Unit 14 第十四单元 Conversation 1 会话 1 A:It's so earlier this morning,Mr. Li! You just came back yesterday, you should have rest much more. A:李先生今天这么早啊!你昨天才刚回来,你应该多多休息。 B:I'd like to have r

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 巧嘴秘书情景对话

本期内容: FranoisHollandesaidtheTransatlanticTradeandInvestmentPartnershipwasabaddealforEurope.Leakeddocumentsshowmanyoutstandingdisagreements,onmattersincludingenvironmentalandconsumerprotection.Talksbeganin2013butbecameboggeddownamidrisingpub

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读