People who read live longer. Thirty minutes a day is good. Reading keeps our mind busy. It lowers our stress. Books are better than newspapers and magazines. Researchers looked at the lifestyles and reading habits of 3,500 men and women for 12 years.

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语生活新闻

今天我们要学的词是lifestyle。 Lifestyle, 是生活方式的意思。A simple lifestyle, 是简单的生活方式;A lavish lifestyle, 是奢华的生活方式。你知道长寿的秘诀吗?Researchers say a healthy lifestyle is the secre

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

怀双胞胎的母亲更长寿 Having two babies at a time is associated with a longer life, according to a new study. But that's not because doubling up on dirty diapers increases life span; instead, moms of twins are physically stronger in the firs

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The therapies will be improving faster than 治疗法比起治疗法中存在的缺陷 the remaining imperfections in the therapies are catching up with us. 改进得更快。 This is a very important point for me to get across. 这是我想说的非常

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Healthy snacks in Japan 日本健康零食 The joy of soy 黄豆欢歌 Defying Western food imperialism 小黄豆不畏西餐帝国主义 If you want to learn how to live longer, look at the people of Okinawa, a string of islands in south-western Jap

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

A survey of more than 2,000 people living in the UK has found that those with a higher IQ are more likely to live a longer life. 一项调查研究了2000多名住在英国的人士,发觉智商高的人更有可能长寿。 Even when factors such

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Thinking of You 水调歌头 When will the moon be clear and bright? With a cup of wine in my hand, I ask the blue sky. I don't know what season it would be in the heavens on this night. I'd like to ride the wind to fly home. Yet I fear the crystal a

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

在提议干杯之前,你要先看看每个人的杯子里是不是都有内容了,要问一下,Has everyone been served? (杯子里都有酒 / 饮料了吗?) 确认工作完成之后,就可以举杯了: 为干杯, 英语 中我们用 Her

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

and to good year the May many YearBest wishes for the year to come! 恭贺新禧! Good luck in the year ahead! 祝吉星高照! May you come into a good fortune! 恭喜发财! Live long and proper! 多福多寿! May many fortunes find their w

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Best wishes for the year to come! 恭贺新禧! Good luck in the year ahead! 祝吉星高照! May you come into a good fortune! 恭喜发财! Live long and proper! 多福多寿! May many fortunes find their way to you! 祝财运亨通! I wa

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

让你增加工作活力的5个方法 1. Engage in a quick conversation with a high-energy colleague. Their positive energy may refresh you. (Just be careful not to drag them down!) 与精力充沛的同事进行短暂的交谈。他们积极的干劲会

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

May many fortunes find their way to you! 祝财运亨通! I want to wish you longevity and health! 愿你健康长寿! A happy New Year to you. 恭贺新年。 Best wishes for the year to come! 恭贺新禧! Good luck in the year ahead! 祝吉星

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

步行速度与寿命之间的关系 People the world over are living longer, and now a new study shows who is likely to live the longest. The information could help doctors and others, including the elderly, plan goals for treatment and care. 全世界

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Something called the Danish Twin Study 一个叫丹麦双胞胎的研究表明, established that only about 10 percent 普通人在生物学允许的限度内的寿命, of how long the average person lives, 仅仅有百分之十 within certain bi

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Thank you, Cynthia. 谢谢,辛西娅 Let me get this straight. 让我直说 Although you're looking for a drug 尽管你在找寻一种药 that can solve aging 它能解决 in old men like me, 像我一样老人的衰老问题 what you could do now

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Okay. 好了 So what is the daf-2 gene? 那么daf-2基因到底是什么? Well as you know, genes, which are part of the DNA, 正如大家所知,基因是DNA的一部分 they're instructions to make a protein that does something. 它们是经编码

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

So how can a hormone ultimately affect the rate of aging? 那么,激素到底是怎样影响衰老的速度呢? How could that work? 原理是什么呢? Well it turns out that in the daf-2 mutants, 原来在daf-2变异体中 a whole lot of gene

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Have you ever wanted to stay young a little longer 大家有没有想过要年轻再久一点 and put off aging? 延缓衰老呢? This is a dream of the ages. 这是很久以来的梦想了 But scientists have for a long time 不过科学家以前一

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Thinking of You 水调歌头 When will the moon be clear and bright? With a cup of wine in my hand, I ask the blue sky. I don't know what season it would be in the heavens on this night. I'd like to ride the wind to fly home. Yet I fear the crystal a

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

模仿文本: Exactly 50 years ago today, the BBC broadcast the first episode of a new TV drama. Doctor Who featured a grumpy middle-aged time traveller and evil extraterrestrials called Daleks. Soon Britain was hooked and half a century on Doctor

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀