Web-based email accounts are becoming more and more popular for international communication because many services are free, and they often offer features formally only found in higher-end applications. First of all, consider the reputation and longev

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

1. There is no rest for President Barack Obama, nor Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney. Obama is in Iowa, telling voters there that trust matters, while Romney is in Nevada, hoping to get that swing state to go for him. 2. Real estate mogul

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(十月)

Dont Worry About What You Cant Control 不用担心你所控制不了的 This is lesson No.48 from my book Little Things Matter, 100 Ways to Improve Your Life Today. 这是来自我的书《小事情重要》的48课,今天100种方法改善你的生活

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

Researchers at Boston University have identified a kind of genetic signature in people who are likely to live to age 100 or older. The technique may also help doctors predict whether you're likely to get a disease, decades before the symptoms show up

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年7月

Rich blessings for health and longevity is my special wish for you in the coming year.I hope you have a most happy and prosperous New Year. 衷心祝福你在新的一年里健康长寿.望你在新的一年里幸福安康。 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2017.01

Robert struggles through the crowd Robert: Whew! I had to wait for almost an hour to get to the front of the line. Master Li: You have much patience. Robert: Wow! Your calligraphy is very beautiful. It was worth the wait! Master Li: Thank you. Today

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

For a Longer Life, Go Running 跑步有利于长寿 We all know that exercise is good for your health. But some kinds of exercise may be better than others. 我们都知道运动对健康有益。但有些运动可能比其它运动效果更好。 Ru

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Study: To Live Longer, Eat More Chicken and Plant-Based Protein 研究发现多吃鸡肉和植物蛋白有助长寿 The average American eats a lot of red meat, such as beef and meat from other mammals. 通常,美国人食用大量的红肉,如牛肉

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Study: Plants May Help Women Live Longer 研究发现绿色植物有助女性长寿 Living among trees, plants and flowers can fill your life with beauty. And if you are a woman, it can also help you live longer. 居住在丛林间,你的生活会被

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Being around other people has a lot of benefits -- from increased levels of happiness to a longer lifespan. 有其他人陪伴有很多好处:像是可以提升幸福感,甚至可以延长寿命。 学习重点: 1.benefit 利益;好处;优势

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Long Live Us About a century ago, the average life-span for Americans was about 50 years. Today, the typical American lives for around seventy-eight years. According to a German aging study, the maximum life span in industrialized countries has incre

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Thinking of YouWhen will the moon be clear and bright? With a cup of wine in my hand, I ask the blue sky. I don't know what season it would be in the heavens on this night. I'd like to ride the wind to fly home. Yet I fear the crystal and jade mansio

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

今天我们要学的词是lifestyle。 Lifestyle, 是生活方式的意思。A simple lifestyle, 是简单的生活方式;A lavish lifestyle, 是奢华的生活方式。你知道长寿的秘诀吗?Researchers say a healthy lifestyle is the secre

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

And when the markets in Europe closed a couple of hours ago, Londons FTSE 100 was up. The Dax and the Euro were also up. In the US, trading comes to a close shortly and the Dow Jones is down, while the SP 500 is also down. And the Australian dollar i

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

Life Extension May Add Just Bad Time Living longer doesnt necessarily mean living better. Thats the lesson from the tiny roundworm called C. elegans, long a workhorse in basic biology lab work. The research is in the Proceedings of the National Acade

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人3月

购买字画 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:I'm interested in Chinese antiques. A:我对中国古董很感兴趣。 B:We have a great variety of Chinese antiques. Besides, we have landscape painting, figure painting and flower-and bird painting. B:我们

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(267) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

【英文原文】 It is said that happiness is contagious. The supporting evidence is everywhere: from the streets of Rio during Carnival to more obscure celebrations elsewhere in the world. But long-term happiness may also be healthy. New York rese

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(289) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Topic1-Ministry wary of students 'migrating' for better exam prospects The Ministry of Education has called for more efforts to deal with the issue of so-called gaokao migration or 高考移民. What is it? Why is it a problem? Topic2-Unqualified Pri

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

北京巨复杂落户政策出台,众北漂加油 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm Wuyou Coming up: --Beijing launched point-based hukou system --Kuwait city bans hanging the la

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

Lot's of people want to live longer, and in this Moment of Science Don and Yael discuss some research that gives new insights into longevity. D: You know, when I watch sci-fi movies I notice everyone has a normal aging pattern. You don't encounter pe

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16