Leader of Japanese-French Car Alliance Arrested Japans Nissan Motor Company says its chairman, Carlos Ghosn, has been arrested and will be dismissed from his position. He is accused of under-reporting his earnings and misusing company money. Nissans

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Lawyer for Executed Iranian Dervish Arrested Iran has reportedly arrested another human rights lawyer the second this month. According to human rights monitors, Zeynab Taheri, defense attorney for the recently executed Sufi bus driver Mohammad Salas,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(六月)

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery 1. underground/ subway 2. Ferry / yacht 3. light rail/tram car/shuttle bus/ havas 4. sightseeing bus / license 5. Is it heading to...? 6. ATV- All Terrain Vehicle

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

betray v 背叛(be a traitor to);暴露,泄露,显露=revea1=indicate=divulge 【例】Confusion betrays the guilty 神色慌张必有鬼。 betray one's country to the enemy 做卖国贼 【参】traitor(n 叛逆者,叛国者) 【

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

What Happens If You Are Arrested in the US If you have ever watched an American crime show, you know about this Supreme Court case. Listen to what the police officer says. You do have the right to remain silent. You also have the right to be represen

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Black Men Arrested in Starbucks Call for Action, Not Anger Two black men arrested in an American Starbucks store say they are working with the company to bring about meaningful changes. They hope the changes will prevent other people from going throu

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2016-09-20 Bombing Suspect Captured After Shootout with Police 纽约曼哈顿爆炸事件嫌犯与警方激烈交火后被捕 The suspect in two bombings Saturday in New York City and New Jersey has been captured after being wounded in a gu

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Chapter 21 第21章 Pinocchio, as you may well imagine, began to scream and weep and beg; but all was of no use, for no houses were to be seen and not a soul passed by on the road. Night came on. 诸位可以想象,皮诺乔开始大哭大叫,大叫

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 木偶奇遇记

Ah, you little thief! said the Farmer in an angry voice. So you are the one who steals my chickens! 啊,你这个小偷!农民生气地说,这么说,我的鸡都是你偷的? Not I! No, no! cried Pinocchio, sobbing bitterly. I came here onl

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 木偶奇遇记

You wanted to see me? 你想见我 You look nervous, Moira. 你看起来很紧张,莫伊拉 Hmm. Do I have a reason to be? 有理由吗 We all do. 我们是一根绳上的蚂蚱 A modernday Robin hood. 现实社会的罗宾汉 What, are you worried

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

72 秘鲁前情报局长官被捕 Peru's Ex-Spy Chief Returns Sharon Stevenson Lima 26 Jun 2001 06:04 UTC Peru's 1)disgraced spy chief, Vladimiro Montesinos, returned to Peru Monday after an eight-mon

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(1)

今天我们要学的词是handler. Handler, 有顾问和助手的意思。在美国,名人周围都会有一群人帮他们打点形象。The governor's handlers advised him to stay away from the hot button issue, 州长周围的人建议他不要涉

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

国际制假团伙在维也纳被捕 VIENNA, June 18 (Xinhua) -- Austrian authorities along with Europol on Tuesday busted a large counterfeiting gang based in Vienna, the Kronen Zeitung reported. The Serbian gang has supposedly provided criminals ar

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Freeze - put your paws where we can see them! Moment Brazilian drug gang were pounced on by police... and their loyal guard dog surrendered as well. 别动把你的手放到我能看见的地方!此刻警察正扑向巴西贩毒团伙......他们的忠

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A prominent K-pop music video director was charged last Sunday as part of a corruption scandal engulfing South Korean President Park Geun-hye. 上周日,一位著名韩国流行音乐录影带导演因卷入韩总统朴槿惠相关的贪腐丑闻被起

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Photos released by Chinese media show just how intense the black market trade for consumer electronics has become. 中国媒体发布的照片表明电子产品的黑市交易有多么火爆。 A Hong Kong man was caught smuggling 94 iPhones5S, 6 and

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Spanish police say they have dismantled a nationwide network that illegally regularised the working status of Chinese immigrants in Spain. 据西班牙警方表示,他们已经捣毁了一个全国性的非法移民网络,该网络主要非法偷渡

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

You looked so beautiful that night. 那天晚上你太漂亮了 I remember Oliver telling me once that he wished your father would let him come over to your house more often. 我记得奥利弗告诉过我,他希望你父亲能够允许他多拜访你

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Belgian police have arrested six people in Brussels as a major investigation continues into Tuesday's suicide attacks. The US Secretary of State John Kerry is due to travel to Brussels today to discuss security and express his condolences amid report

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

GWEN IFILL: Fourteen-year-old Ahmed Mohamed, who was suspended from an Irving, Texas, school after officials mistook his school project for a bomb, spent another day out of school today. Mohammed's arrest he'd brought a homemade clock to school stirr

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列