For months, bomb threats had been made at Jewish organizations and community centers throughout the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. And for months, international investigators have been trying to figure out who`s been making them. Yesterday, they ar

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年3月

AS IT IS 2015-12-18 Hated Drug Company Head Arrested by FBI 美国黑心药业大亨被捕 A U.S. businessman once described as the most hated man in America was arrested Thursday. 曾被人们称为恶棍的美国商人于周四被联邦调查局逮捕

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

A: What can I help you with? B: May I ask you something? A: What's your question? B: How many hours behind the wheel do I need? A: What do you need to take it for? B: I'm trying to get my license. A: You need six hours. B: Can I do all six hours in o

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

布鲁塞尔遭恐袭击后禁示威 百名违反者被捕 play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0002:14repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugi

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年8月

Chinese President Xi Jinping is ordering ongoing and improved efforts in the fight against corruption right across the country in 2015. Speaking at a meeting of the Party's Central Commission for Discipline Inspection, the country's top anti-corrupti

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

A:Hey man, you wanna buy some weed? B:Some what? A:Weed! You know? Pot, Ganja, Mary Jane some chronic! B:Oh, umm, no thanks. A:I also have blow if you prefer to do a few lines. B:No, I am ok, really. A:Come on man! I even got dope and acid! Try some!

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Arrest of Indian Consular Official in NY Sparks Dispute 印度领事官员在纽约被捕引争议 NEW YORK An international controversy, sparked after the arrest of a senior Indian consular official in New York, is continuing. The Indian official wa

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

Actor George Clooney was arrested today along with his father, he was in Washington delivering a message, and he talked with our John Karl, as soon as those cops came off. It? started as a simple protest in front of the Sudanese embassy. And this is

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

Teen Pop Star Bieber Arrested for Drunk Driving, Resisting Arrest 青年流行歌星贾斯丁比伯因酒驾被捕,曾试图反抗 Teen pop star Justin Bieber was released from jail on Thursday after being arrested on multiple charges, including dr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

Journalists Demand Release of Colleagues Detained in Egypt :埃及记者要求释放被捕同事 WASHINGTON Journalists around the world are expressing outrage at Egyptian authorities for detaining several journalists and charging them with terrorist

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

A report in Wednesday's New York Times quotes unnamed U.S. intelligence officials as saying Pakistan has arrested five people, including a Pakistani military official, accused of passing information to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency prior to la

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年6月

The chief prosecutor in Paris has said that a group of three women who were arrested following the discovery of a car loaded with gas cylinders in the center of the capital were receiving instructions from the Islamic State group. Francois Molins als

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

By Brian Wagner Miami 07 April 2008 Doctors and other trained professionals can face steep challenges when they move to the United States and pursue their careers. License requirements and added education can make it a difficult transition. VOA's Bri

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

今天我们要学的词是handler. Handler, 有顾问和助手的意思。在美国,名人周围都会有一群人帮他们打点形象。The governor's handlers advised him to stay away from the hot button issue, 州长周围的人建议他不要涉

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是disgraced。 Disgraced, 丢脸的。 Anthony Weiner, the disgraced former Congressman, checked himself into a rehab, 丢尽颜面的前联邦众议员安东尼.维纳住进了治疗中心。美国西维吉尼亚大学美式足

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Hi there - I'm Sonali from the BBC World News for Children. Coming up: Man arrested over planned U.S bombing. The ash is back. And elephants on the loose! First - police in America have arrested a man on suspicion of driving a car bomb into one of th

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

今天我们要学的词是 cartel. Cartel 卡特尔。The leader of a Mexican drug cartel was arrested while watching the Mexician soccer team playing in the World Cup. 墨西哥一个毒品卡特尔的头领被捕,被捕时他正在观看墨西哥世

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃