作家朱迪斯厄斯特曾写道:当你觉得他像罗伯特雷德福一样仪表堂堂,像索尔仁尼琴一样心地纯洁,像伍迪艾伦一样言谈风趣,像吉米康纳斯一样身体矫健,像阿尔伯特爱因斯坦一样头脑聪明

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

1. I'd like to borrow a prose works. 我想借一本散文集。 还能这样说: May I take out a prose book? Could I borrow a prose book? 谚语: He that goes a borrowing, goes a sorrowing. 借债是不幸的开始。 2. I want to apply for a l

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

【英文原文】 But somehow he was never able to look after his flowers at all, for his friend the Miller was always coming round and sending him off on long errands, or getting him to help at the mill. Little Hans was very much distressed at time

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

【英文原文】 'I am very sorry,' said little Hans, rubbing his eyes and pulling off his night-cap, 'but I was so tired that I thought I would lie in bed for a little time, and listen to the birds singing. Do you know that I always work better af

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

【英文原文】 So the nightingale pressed closer against the thorn, and louder and louder grew her song, for she sang of the birth of passion in the soul of a man and a maid. And a delicate flush of pink came into the leaves of the rose, like the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Then she gave one last burst of music. The white moon heard it, and she forgot the dawn, and lingered on in the sky. The red rose heard it, and it trembled all over with ecstasy, and opened its petals to the cold morning air. Echo bore it to her purp

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

【英文原文】 'There is no good in my going to see little Hans as long as the snow lasts,' the Miller used to say to his wife, 'for when people are in trouble they should be left alone, and not be bothered by visitors. That at least is my idea a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Will there really be a Morning? Is there such a thing as Day? Could I see it from the mountains If I were as tall as they? Has it feet like Water lilies? Has it feathers like a Bird? Is it brought from famous countries Of which I have never heard? Oh

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Heart! We will forget him! You and I - tonight! You may forget the warmth he gave - I will forget the light! When you have done, pray tell me That I may straight begin! Haste! lest while you're lagging I remember him! She speaks to her heart as a dea

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

I heard a Fly buzz - when I died - The Stillness in the Room Was like the Stillness in the Air - Between the Heaves of Storm - The Eyes around - had wrung them dry - And Breaths were gathering firm For that last Onset - when the King Be witnessed - i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(187) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

There is no Frigate like a Book To take us Lands away Nor any Coursers like a Page Of prancing Poetry - This Traverse may the poorest take Without oppress of Toll - How frugal is the Chariot That bears the Human soul. A book is compared to a ship bec

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

This is my letter to the world, That never wrote to me, - The simple news that Nature told, With tender majesty. Her message is committed To hands I cannot see; For love of her, sweet countrymen, Judge tenderly of me! Emily is writing a letter to the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

西式幽默 Western Humour 冯骥才 Feng Jicai 学院请来一位洋教师,长得挺怪,红脸,金发,连鬓大胡须,有几根胡子一直逾过面颊,挨近鼻子,他个子足有二米,每迸屋门必须低头,才能躲过门框子

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

枯叶蝴蝶 Lappet Butterflies 徐迟 By Xu Chi 峨嵋山下,伏虎寺旁,有一种蝴蝶,比最美丽的蝴蝶可能还要美丽些,是峨嵋山最珍贵的特产之一。 At the foot of Mount Emei, around Fuhu Temple, there lives a species

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

A country maid was walking along with a can of milk upon her head,when she fell into the following train of reflections.The money for which I shall sell this milk will enable me to increase my stock of eggs to three hundred,These eggs,allowing for wh

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The Cobbler and the banker La Fontaine/拉.封丹 皮匠和银行家 A cobbler passed his time in singing from morning till night;it was wonderful to see,wonderful to hear him;he was more contented in shoes,than was any of the seven sages.His neighbo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

编者按: 毋宁说,倒是我们这些还活着的人,应该在这里把自己奉献于勇士们已经如此崇高地向前推进但尚未完成的事业。倒是我们应该在这里把自己奉献于仍然留在我们面前的伟大任务我们

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Clear Your Mental Space Think about the last time you felt a negative emotion---like stress, anger, or frustration. What was going through your mind as you were going through that negativity? Was your mind cluttered with thoughts? Or was it paralyzed

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The Goodness of Life Though there is much to be concerned about, there is far, far more for which to be thankful. Though lifes goodness can at times be overshadowed, it is never outweighed. For every single act that is senselessly destructive, there

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

讲解文本: elaborate 精致的,精美的,精心设计的 This restaurant is famous for its elaborate dishes. 这家饭店以精美的菜品闻名。 I really like your plan. It is elaborate. 我喜欢你的计划,非常周密,精心设计。

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语