Work and Pleasure To be really happy and really safe, one ought to have at least two or three hobbies, and they must all be real. It is no use starting late in life to say: I will take an interest in this or that. Such an attempt only aggravates the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Do you fear the force of the wind? Hamilton Garland Do you fear the force of the wind? Do you fear the slash of the rain? Go face them and fight them. Be savage again. Go hungry and cold like the wolf. Go wade like the crane: The palms of your hands

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Devote some of your leisure, I repeat, to cultivating a love of reading good books. Fortunate indeed are those who contrive to make themselves genuine book-lovers. For book- lovers have some noteworthy advantages over other people. They need never kn

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Mary had a little lamb (Excerpt) Mary had a little lamb Little lamb Little lamb Mary had a little lamb Its fleece was white as snow Everywhere that Mary went Mary went Mary went Everywhere that Mary went The lamb was sure to go It followed her to sch

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Love your mother Let us take a moment of the time just to pay tribute and show appreciation to the person called MOM though some may not say it openly to their mother. Theres no substitute for her. Cherish every single moment. Though at times she may

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The question was once asked of a highly successful businessman, How have you done so much in your lifetime? He replied, I have dreamed. I have turned my mind loose to imagine what I wanted to do. Then I have gone to bed and thought about my dreams. I

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

1℃ love In an cold winter,a couple had to move out from the luxury villa because of bankruptcy.The husband worked day and night to support the family but with no care of his wife.So she thought,he doesn't love me any more,he just cares his business

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Every Woman is Beautiful A little boy asked god,god,why do woman cry so easily? god said when I made woman ,she had to be special. I made her shoulder strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet, gentle enough to give comfort. I gave her a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Stopping by Woods Whose woods these are I think I know, His house is in the village though. He will not see me stopping here, To watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must think it queer, To stop without a farmhouse near, Between the woo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Success means different things for different people. Some may equate it with fame, some with wealth and still some with accomplishments. For me, it means fulfilling one's dreams. Whatever your dreams are, you have a goal there and then focus all your

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Sometimes it takes adverse conditions for people to reach out to one another Sometimes it takes bad luck for people to understand their goals better Sometimes it takes a storm for people to appreciate the calm Sometimes it takes being hurt for people

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

If I Had My Life to Live Over I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day. I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storag

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The problem with GUYS If you treat them nicely,he says you are in love with him; If you don't,he says you are proud. If you dress nicely,he says you are trying to lure him; If you don't ,he says you are from Kampunc. If you argue with him,he says you

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

A Psalm of Life Life is but an empty dream! For the soul is dead that slumbers, And things are not what they seem. Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal; Dust thou art, to dust returnest, Was not spoken of the soul. Not enjoyme

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home! A charm from the skies seems to hallow us there, Which seek through the world, is ne'er met with elsewhere, Home! Home! Sweet, sweet Home! There's no plac

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Power of Self Talk Life is like a big swing, dangling between the depths of happiness and sadness. As soon as we descend down the slope of sadness, we accelerate over the ever-feel-good acclivity of happiness. At times of distress, when we are down w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The biggest secret of success Once there was a young man who came to ask Socrates how to learn philosophy. Socrates said nothing but took him along to a river. He suddenly pushed him into the river forcibly. At first the young man thought Socrates wa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

你有信仰就年轻,疑惑就年老;有自信就年轻,畏惧就年老;有希望就年轻,绝望就年老;岁月使你皮肤起皱,但是失去了热忱,就损伤了灵魂。 卡耐基 Ambition It is not difficult to imagine a world

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Over the rainbow E. Y. Harburg Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high Theres a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true Someday I'll wish upon a star An

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The Love of Beauty The love of beauty is an essential part of all healthy human nature. It is a moral quality. The absence of it is not an assured ground of condemnation, but the presence of it is an invariable sign of goodness of heart. In proportio

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏