随着平静岁月的流逝,维多利亚美丽的容颜开始渐褪;他似乎觉得她年轻时的成熟思想也开始变得不再锋芒毕露,就像果实在树上挂得过久。他意识到自从他第一次见到她,她从来没有改变过

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

母亲答道,很高兴我也有过工作。可是工作好比开了口的气球,你只有不停地充气,它才能鼓着劲。可是一个孩子就是一粒种子,你浇灌了它,全心全意地爱护它,然后,它就会独立自主地开

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

他最后一次送给我的这张贺卡如今仍保存在我的记事牌上。它提醒我父亲是多么地不同寻常,以及这些年来对我是多么地重要,我知道我有这样一位父亲,他以慷慨的胸怀、朴素的理解和一生

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

要想有个美丽花园, 面积大小姑且不管, 要想园中长满鲜花, 就必须把汗水挥洒。 RESULTS AND ROSES Edgar Albert Guest The man who wants a garden fair, Or small or very big, With flowers growing here and there, Must bend

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

爱能历久常新。华发或会失去原有的光彩。双颊或会日显消瘦黯淡。然而,有爱的心中,从无寒冬霜冰,只有夏之温热。 keep walking in sunshine Years of storms had taken their toll on the old windmill. Its whe

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

世界上到处都是有才华的穷人。在很多情况下,他们之所以贫穷、生活拮据或者收入与其能力不相符,不是因为他们已知的东西而是因为他们未知的东西。他们只将注意力集中在提高和完善做

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

【英文原文】 'Well, the fact is,' said Hans, 'that I was obliged to. You see the winter was a very bad time for me, and I really had no money at all to buy bread with. So I first sold the silver buttons off my Sunday coat, and then I sold my si

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

【英文原文】 It was a very hot day, and the road was terribly dusty, and before Hans had reached the sixth milestone he was so tired that he had to sit down and rest. However, he went on bravely, and as last he reached the market. After he had

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

I'll tell you how the Sun rose - A Ribbon at a time - The Steeples swam in Amethyst - The news, like Squirrels, ran - The Hills untied their Bonnets - The Bobolinks - begun - Then I said softly to myself - That must have been the Sun! But how he set

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Nobody knows this little Rose - It might a pilgrim be Did I not take it from the ways And lift it up to thee. Only a Bee will miss it - Only a Butterfly, Hastening from far journey - On its breast to lie - Only a Bird will wonder - Only a Breeze will

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

A sepal, petal, and a thorn Upon a common summer's morn - A flask of Dew - A Bee or two - A Breeze - a caper in the trees - And I'm a Rose! A few lines and there is an idyllic summer image. She herself becomes the rose. In her is the sepal protecting

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

As imperceptibly as Grief The Summer lapsed away - Too imperceptible at last To seem like Perfidy - A Quietness distilled As Twilight long begun, Or Nature spending with herself Sequestered Afternoon - The Dusk drew earlier in - The Morning foreign s

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

THE NIGHTINGALE AND THE ROSE She said that she would dance with me if I brought her red roses, cried the young student, but in all my garden there is no red rose. From her nest in the home oak tree the nightingale heard him, and she looked out throug

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

【英文原文】 The young student was still lying on the grass, where she had left him, and the tears were not yet dry in his beautiful eyes. Be happy, cried the nightingale, be happy; you shall have your red rose. I will build it out of music by

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

丑石 An Ugly Stone 贾平凹 By Jia Pingwa 我常常遗憾我家门前的那块丑石呢:它黑黝黝地卧在那里,牛似的模样;谁也不知道是什么时候留在这里的.谁也不去理会它。只是麦收时节,门前摊了麦子,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

黄龙奇观 A View of Huanglong 在四川西部,有一美妙的去处。它背倚峨山宇峰雪宝顶,树木苍翠,花香袭人,鸟声婉转,流水潺潺。这就是松潘县的黄龙。 One of Sichuan's finest scenic spots is Huanglong (

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

A Faraway Friend is someone you grew up with or went to school with or lived in the same town as until one of you moved away. Without a Faraway Friend, you would never get any mail addressed in handwriting. A Faraway Friend calls late at night, invit

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

of marriage single life 论结婚与独身 he that hath wife and children, hath given hostages to fortune; for they are impediment to great enterprises, either of virtue, or mischief. certainly, the best works, and of greatest merit for the public, h

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Dear Dad, Today I was at the shopping mall and I spent a lot of time reading the Fathers Day cards. They all had a special message that in some way or another reflected how I feel about you. Yet as I selected and read, and selected and read again,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

前些日子,林语堂先生似乎曾说过女子的唯一事业,是在结婚。现在一位法国大文豪来沪,对去访问他的新闻记者的谈话之中,又似乎说,男子欲成事业,应该不要结婚。 The other day, Mr. Lin Y

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译