在爷爷去世后的十月,我种了一些郁金香、水仙、雪花莲、番红花及蓝铃花。每一个花苞对我来说都是一种安慰,都是给爷爷的一份爱,都是春天的一份承诺。 A promise of spring Early in the spring

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

【英文原文】 Everybody went to little Hans' funeral, as he was so popular, and the Miller was the chief mourner. 'As I was his best friend,' said the Miller, 'it is only fair that I should have the best place'; so he walked at the head of the p

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

【英文原文】 And what, pray, is your idea of the duties of a devoted friend? asked a Green Linnet, who was sitting in a willow-tree hard by, and had overheard the conversation. Yes, that is just what I want to know, said the Duck; and she swam

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

【英文原文】 'Certainly,' cried little Hans, and he ran into the shed and dragged the plank out. 'It is not a very big plank,' said the Miller, looking at it, 'and I am afraid that after I have mended my barn-roof there won't be any left for yo

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Bee! I'm expecting you! Was saying Yesterday To Somebody you know That you were due - The Frogs got Home last Week - Are settled, and at work - Birds, mostly back - The Clover warm and thick - You'll get my Letter by The seventeenth; Reply Or better,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

A Bird came down the Walk - He did not know I saw - He bit an Angleworm in halves And ate the fellow, raw, And then he drank a Dew From a convenient Grass - And then hopped side wise to the Wall To let a Beetle pass - He glanced with rapid eyes That

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

If you were coming in the Fall, I'd brush the Summer by With half a smile, and half a spurn, As Housewives do, a Fly. If I could see you in a year, I'd wind the months in balls - And put them each in separate Drawers, For fear the numbers fuse - If o

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Fame is a bee. It has a song - It has a sting - Ah, too, it has a wing. A bee can sing a song that makes people happy. A bee has a sting which makes people fear it. A bee has a wing that enables it to fly away from people. Fame is sweet to have, bitt

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

For a red rose? They cried: How very ridiculous! and the little lizard, who was something of a cynic ,laughed outright. But the nightingale understood the secret of the students sorrow, and she sat silent in the oak-tree, and thought about the myster

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

On Changes --Irene Dunlap Change is the only absolute in the world, the only thing that you can depend on. Nothing stays the same. Tomorrow will come, bringing with it new beginnings and sometimes unexpected endings. You can hold on to the past and g

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡, 我应该学会仰望空荡的天空, 同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高, 虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。 The More Loving One W.H.Auden Looking up at the stars, I know quite well That, fo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

We Need Friends The word, friend, covers a wide range of meanings. It can be a nodding acquaintance, a comrade, a confidant, a partner, a playmate, an intimate colleague, etc. Everyone needs friendship. No one can sail the ocean of life single-handed

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

A Grain of Sand 一粒沙子 William Blake/威廉.布莱克 To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild fllower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. 从一粒沙子看到一个世界, 从一朵野花看到一

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

我热爱生命,但我不惧怕死亡。死亡不过是去另一个世界的过渡,就像朋友跨越海洋一样;他们依然活在另一个世界里。我坚信,是死亡教会了我们永生。 About Secrets and Falling Tiles by Carroll Bi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

我是风,轻轻的风;我是云,缓缓的云;我是水,静静的水;我是山,连绵的山 I am the wind, the gentle wind; I am the clouds, the slow, drifting clouds; I am the water, the silent water; I am the mountains,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

TRUST 信任 Last night I was driving from Harrisburg to Lewisburg, Pa., a distance of about eighty miles. It was late. I was late and if anyone asked me how fast I was driving, I'd have to plead the Fifth Amendment to avoid self-incrimination. Sev

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

The story is told of two boys who were walking through a field and found some corn seeds scattered across the ground.They each took one of the seeds home and planted it. 这是一个关于两个男孩的故事。他俩穿过田地时,发现地上有一

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Many little girls dream of owning their very own doll's house, complete with tiny rooms and quaint model furniture. 很多女孩都梦想有一座属于自己的玩偶小屋,里面有微型房间和古雅家具。 But when one little girl asked her

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

of parents children 论父母与子嗣 the joys of parents are secret; and so are their griefs, and fears: they cannot utter the one; nor they will not utter the other. children sweeten labours; but they make misfortunes more bitter they increase the

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

[美文欣赏] Sometimes it takes adverse conditions for people to reach out to one another Sometimes it takes bad luck for people to understand their goals better Sometimes it takes a storm for people to appreciate the calm Sometimes it takes being

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文