We tried so hard to make things better for our kids that we made them worse. For my grandchildren, I d know better. I'd really like for them to know about hand-me-down clothes and home-made ice cream and leftover meatloaf. I really would. My cherishe

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

落花生 The Peanut 许地山 Xu Dishan 我们屋后有半亩隙地。母亲说:让它荒芜着怪可惜,既然称们那么爱吃花生,就辟来做花生园罢。我们几姊弟和几个小丫头都很喜欢买种的买种,动土的动土,灌

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

My Father's Music 我父亲的音乐 by Wayne Kalyn 韦恩?凯林 I remember the day Dad first lugged the heavy accordion up our front stoop, taxing his small frame. He gathered my mother and me in the living room and opened the case as if it were a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

The Five Boons of Life In the morning of life came a good fairy with her basket,and said:Here are gifts. Take one, leave the others,And be wary,choose wisely!For only one of them is valuable. The gifts were five :Fame, Love ,Riches,Pleasure,Death.The

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

If I were a boy again, I would practice perseverance more often, and never give up a thing whether it was inconvenient or not. If we want light, we must conquer darkness. Perseverance can sometimes equal genius in its results. There are only two crea

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Of all the wonderful gifts that we've been given, one of the greatest is freedom. As much as we may deny it we are free in this life. We are free in what we think, free in what we feel, free in what we say, and free in what we do. Yes, life may give

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Apollo was the son of Zeus who was the father of gods and human. He is called sun-god. During the day Apollo drove his carriage of gold and ivory across the sky and spread light, life and love to the great world below. At dust he finished his journey

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Be good to everyone who becomes attached to us; cherish every friend who is by our side; 善待,每一个和我们结缘的人;珍惜,我们身边的每一个朋友; love everyone who walks into our life. 爱,生命中,每一个和我们结

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

No young man believes he shall ever die. It was a saying of my brother's, and a fine one. There is a feeling of Eternity in youth, which makes us amend for everything. To be young is to be as one of the Immortal Gods. One half of time indeed is flown

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

When love beckons to you, follow him, though his ways are hard and steep.当爱召唤你时,请追随她,尽管爱的道路艰难险峻。 When love beckons to you, follow him, though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you, yi

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

英文散文欣赏:爱的伤疤 Some years ago on a hot summer day in south Florida a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. 几年前的一个炎炎夏日,在美国佛罗里达州南部,有个小男孩为贪

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Dufficulties arise in the lives of us all. 生活中困难在所难免, What is most important is dealing with the hard times, coping with the changes, and getting through to the other side where the sun is still shining just for you. 最重要的是

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

May every day of your life bring you fresh hopes for tomorrow---because hopes give us all our reason for trying. May each new day bring a feeling of excitement, joy, and a wonderful sense of expectation. Expect the best, and you'll get it May you fin

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

When times become difficult (and you know they sometimes will), remember a moment in your life that was filled with joy and happiness. 当你身陷困境的时候(你有时会),回想你生命中快乐和幸福的时刻。 Remember how it made

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A woman named Emily renewing her driver's license at the County Clerk's office was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation. She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself. What I mean is, explained the recorder, do you have a job, or ar

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

As soon as I walked outside, I was greeted with the shimmering white blanket of cold. Despite the chill overwhelming my skin, inside I was warm. I felt as though I could be giving off heat; I had the desire to stay out in this freeze for hours. It wa

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Long long ago, there was a nymph whose name was Echo. She liked talk very much, and she always repeated what she had just said.One day, she offended[2] her master, the great Hera by speaking rudely to her, she decided that echo should never use her v

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A light drizzle was falling as my sister Jill and I ran out of the Methodist Church, eager to get home and play with the presents that Santa had left for us and our baby sister, Sharon. Across the street from the church was a Pan American gas station

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

To respect my work, my associates and myself. To be honest and fair with them as I expect them to be honest and fair with me. To be a man whose word carries weight. To be a booster, not a knocker; a pusher, not a kicker; a motor, not a clog. To base

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

If I died today, how would I feel about my life?Life is fragile. 如果我今天死去,我将如何看待自己的一生?生命是极其脆弱的。 A good friend of mine called me today and shared that his girlfriend's brother passed away last n

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文