The smile

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(五月)

Happy Birthday to You Where did that song come from? The story of how the song Happy Birthday to You came to be, began as a sweet one, that later soured. Two sisters, Mildred Hill, a teacher at the Louisville, Kentucky Experimental Kindergarten, and

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out. 别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。 Sometimes in life, 有时候在生活中, You find a special friend; 你会找到一个特别的朋友; Someone who changes your life ju

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Today we have higher buildings and wider highways, but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view; 今天我们拥有了更高层的楼宇以及更宽阔的公路,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光也更加狭隘; We spend more,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

If I were a Boy Again If I were a boy again, I would practice perseverance more often, and never give up a thing because it was or inconvenient. If we want light, we must conquer darkness. Perseverance can sometimes equal genius in its results. There

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

A Greek to Remember Diogenes was a famous Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C.,who established the philosophy of cynicism.He often walked about in the daytime holding a lighted lantern,peering around as if he were looking for something.When a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

I was puzzled! Why was this old woman making such a fuss about an old copse which was of no use to anybody? She had written letters to the local paper, even to a national, protesting about a projected by-pass to her village, and, looking at a map, th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Spotlight on Copenhagen Are you too old for fairy tales? If you think so, Copenhagen is sure to change your mind. See the city first from the water. In the harbor sits Denmark s best-known landmark: the Little Mermaid. Remember her? She left the worl

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

A Unique Job A father's job is unique. If parents had job descriptions mine would read: organize bills, playmates, laundry, meals, laundry, carpool, laundry, snacks, outings and shopping, and laundry. The only thing on my husband's description would

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

let go love There was once a lonely girl who longed so much for love. One day while she was walking in the woods she found two starving songbirds. She took them home and put them in a small cage. She cared them with love and the birds grew strong. Ev

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

Time is running out1 for my friend. While we are sitting at lunch she casually mentions she and her husband are thinking of starting a family. We're taking a survey,she says, half-joking. Do you think I should have a baby? It will change your life, I

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

There is no better than Here Many people believe that they will be happy once they arrive at some specific goal they set for themselves. However, more often than not, once you arrive there you will still feel dissatisfied, and move your there vision

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

I was sure that I was to be killed. I became terribly nervous. I fumbled[1] in my pockets to see if there were any cigarettes, which had escaped[2]their search. I found one and because of my shaking hands, I could barely get it to my lips. But I had

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

The following story took place long ago in Israel. One day when government officials were rebuilding a barn, they found a mouse hole in a corner and used smoke to force the mice inside the hole to come out. A while later they indeed saw mice running

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Night after night, she came to tuck me in, even long after my childhood years. Following her longstanding custom, she'd lean down and push my long hair out of the way, then kiss my forehead. I don't remember when it first started annoying me her hand

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

One cold night the king called Nasreddin to him and said, If youre able to spend this night in the courtyard with only your shirt on, I will give you one hundred gold coins! In the courtyard Nasreddin saw a stone mill. He began to push it around, fas

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

When he told me he was leaving I felt like a vase which has just smashed. There were pieces of me all over the tidy, tan tiles. He kept talking, telling me why he was leaving, explaining it was for the best, I could do better, it was his fault and no

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

John and Bobby joined a wholesale company togther just after graduation from college the same year. Both worked very hard. After several years, however, the boss promoted Bobby to theposotion of manager but John remained an ordinary employee. John co

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

The Road To Happiness It is a commonplace among moralists that you cannot get happiness by pursuing it. This is only true if you pursue it unwisely. Gamblers at Monte Carlo are pursuing money, and most of them lose it instead, but there are other way

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

寒暑表降到冰点下十八度的时候,我们也是在廊下睡觉。每夜最熟识的就是天上的星辰了。也不过是点点闪烁的光明,而相看惯了,偶然不见,也有些想望与无聊。 连夜雨雪,一点星光都看不

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解