【英文原文】 The Devoted Friend One morning the old Water-rat put his head out of his hole. He had bright beady eyes and stiff grey whiskers and his tail was like a long bit of black india-rubber. The little ducks were swimming about in the pon

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

'Good morning, little Hans,' said the Miller. 'Good morning,' said Hans, leaning on his spade, and smiling from ear to ear. 'And how have you been all the winter?' said the Miller. 'Well, really,' cried Hans, 'it is very good of you to ask, very good

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

笑有助于消化,笑能减轻压力,笑,是长寿的秘方。 No living creature can laugh except man. Trees may bleed when they are wounded, and beasts in the field will cry in pain and hunger, yet only I have the gift of laughter and it is

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

The only problem unconsciously assumed by all Chinese philosophers to be of any importance is: How shall we enjoy life, and who can best enjoy life? No perfectionism, no straining after the unattainable, no postulating of he unknowable; but taking po

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

There was a small boy living on a farm, he needed to get up before sunrise every morning to start his chores and out again later to do the evening ones. During sunrise he would take a break and climb up on the fence. So in the distance he could see t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

I will know that only those with inferior ability can always be at their best ,and I am not inferior.There will be days when I must IN THE WORLD constantly struggle against forces which would tear me down,Those such sa despair and sadness are simple

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

当你的孩子是个婴儿时,你所记得的,是你对自己创造出的堪称完美奇迹的作品,感到不可思议的敬畏... All you remember about your child being an infant is the incredible awe you felt about the precious miracle you creat

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

1.Life is not fair,get used to it . 2.The world won't care about your self-esteem.The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself. 3.You will not make 4,000 dollars a year right out of high school .You won't be a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

All you remember about your child being seven is the carpool schedule. You learned to apply makeup in two minutes and brush your teeth in the rearview mirror , because the only time you had to yourself was when you were stopped at red lights. You con

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

When Henry ford decided to produce his famous v-8 motor, he chose to build an engine with the entire eight cylinders cast in one block, and instructed his engineers to produce a design in one for the engine. The design was placed on paper, but the en

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

十二星座会送什么样的礼物 Aries buys the first thing that catches their eye. 白羊座总是购买一眼就看上的东西。 Taurus gives stocks and bonds, with piggy banks for the kids. 金牛座花费很多在孩子身上。 Gemini rewr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英语

编者按: 孤独,是忧愁的伴侣,也是精神活动的密友。 纪伯伦【黎】 Solitude I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

So you see, I'd missed fitting in to just about every category out there: 可以看到我与所有的生活格格不入: daughter, wife, mother, scholar. 作为女儿,作为妻子,作为妈妈,作为学者。 And the dream of being a writer w

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

The day is cold,and dark,and dreary; It rains,and the wind is never weary; The vine still clings to the moldering wall, But at every gust the dead leaves fall, And the day is dark and dreary. My life is cold and dark and dreary; It rains and the wind

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

大师们的作品在我们心灵扎根,诗人们的佳句在我们血管中运行。我们年轻时读了书,年老了又把它们记起。 ----赫兹利特 Companionship of Books A man may usually be known by the books he reads as well as by th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Be Happy! The days that make us happy make us wise.----John Masefield when I first read this line by Englands Poet Laureate, it startled me. What did Masefield mean? Without thinking about it much, I had always assumed that the opposite was true. But

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

决定成败的不是你的大小,只要你做最好的自己! Be the best of whatever you are Douglas Malloch If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill, Be a scrub in the valley---but be The best little scrub by the side of the rill; Be a bush

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(232) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

有时我想,把每天都当作生命中的最后一天来边,也不失为一个极好的生活法则。这种态度会使人格外重视生命的价值。我们每天都应该以优雅的姿态,充沛的精力,抱着感恩之心来生活。

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(203) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

沉湎过去,就无法与今天同行,明天因而也成了一个遥遥的无期。 沉湎过去,就无法让我们的每天过得精彩,痛苦因而成了一个咒语无法摆脱。 What is Your Recovery Rate? What is your recovery rate? How lon

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

In winter I get up at night And dress by yellow candle-light In summer, quite the other way, I have to go to bed by day. I have to go to bed and see The birds still hopping on the tree, Or hear the grown-up people's feet Still going past me in the st

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏