SCOTT SIMON, HOST: According to scout law, Boy Scouts must be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly. But do they really have to be boys? A teenager in New York City wants the Boy Scouts to grant official membership to girls, including herself. Yasmee

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Deep in the middle of the woods, said my mother, is the place where the King of the Pumpkins lives. But pumpkins live in fields, not in forests, I said to my mother. She wouldnt listen to me. Im telling you, she said, the King of the Pumpkins lives i

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

August has not been a good month for environmentalists. First the Trump administration proposed repeal of tougher vehicle fuel efficiency and emission standards, revoking the rights of states like California to set their own limits. 8月对于环保人

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(九月)

Trumps Environmental Regulation Roll-backs Alarm Activists August has not been a good month for environmentalists.First the Trump administration proposed repeal of tougher vehicle fuel efficiency and emission standards,revoking the rights of states l

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(九月)

Jack and Annie kept walking until they came to the ice pondagain. We've been here before, said Jack. We're going incircles. How do we get out of the park?We have to try to walk in a straight line, said Annie. Annie and Jack struggled on. Jack kept lo

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Snow blew into the tree house. Jack and Annie wore wool coats, hats, and mittens. Jack'scanvas backpack had turned into a leather briefcase with bucklesand a shoulder strap. Jack and Annie looked out the window. Below the tree house was a wide, snowc

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

RAY SUAREZ, HOST: Holidays are a busy time, especially if you like baking. And it's around the holidays that many bakers pay extra attention to how pretty their bakes look. The new secret ingredient to make this happen - gourmet sprinkles. NPR's Adhi

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

文本: HADDOCK:Blistering barnacles!...Those are coordinates:longitude and latitude... ALLAN:...the _(1)_ of the Unicorn treasure! HADDOCK:Miserable earthworms! Pickled herrings! Iconoclasts! Anachronisms!Tintin!Get out of here!! ALLAN:Looks like

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

Batfish,a sort of reddish isosceles triangle half a meter long,whose pectoral fins are attached by fleshy extensions that make these fish look like bats, 蝙蝠鱼,一种等腰三角形的淡红色鱼,半米长,胸鳍长在突出的肉上,使它

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

It's no secret that boys of a certain age like guns, even if they are *make-believe. I remember that before my boys ever had any plastic weapons, they would use other toys, or even sticks, and pretend that they were guns. Perhaps they were influenced

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

She saw crimson firelions and great yellow serpents and unicorns made of pale blue flame; 她看见鲜红的火狮、金黄的巨蛇和淡蓝火苗组成的独角兽, she saw fish and foxes and monsters, wolves and bright birds and flowering trees,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Wendi: So I want you to tell me about your favorite movie ever, and why it's your favorite movie? Ken: My favorite movie ever? OOh! Wendi: Titanic. Ken: Titanic. Yeah, no. No, it's not. Wendi: Come on, you can be honest. Ken: I did watch it twice. I

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The U.S. Navy Hospital ship Comfort reached Haiti before dawn Wednesday morning. Around that time, an aftershock that could even be felt on the Comfort, jolted the island, wrecking the pier that was going to be used as a staging area for patients. Th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

From the moment Spaniards -- or was it Vikings? -- first dropped anchor and encountered the natives whom the Spanish called Indians (because they thought they had landed in India), the land now known as America has been a multicultural place. And of

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

If, on the other hand, we do know every living species. 这说法还是比较今人情服的。 We must look for the animal in question among those marine creatures already cataloged, and in this event I would be inclined to accept the existence of a

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

All right then! Imagine this weapon to be ten times stronger and the animal ten times more powerful, launch it at a speed of twenty miles per hour, multiply its mass times its velocity, and you get just the collision we need to cause the specified ca

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

But, as it always happens, just when a decision had been made to chase the monster, the monster put in no further appearances. 事情往往就是这样,等人们决定要追赶这怪物的时候。怪物再也不出现了。 For two months nobody h

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Voluntary watches from the crosstrees of the topgallant sail were self-imposed by more than one who would have cursed such toil under any other circumstances. As often as the sun swept over its daily arc, the masts were populated with sailors whose f

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

The first rider through the gate carried a long black banner. 当先穿过大门的人高举一面长长的黑旗, The silk rippled in the wind like a living thing; 丝织的旌旗在风中飞扬,仿如活物。 across the fabric was blazoned a n

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Wendi: So I want you to tell me about your favorite movie ever, and why it's your favorite movie? Ken: My favorite movie ever? OOh! Wendi: Titanic. Ken: Titanic. Yeah, no. No, it's not. Wendi: Come on, you can be honest. Ken: I did watch it twice. I

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂