M: well, what did you think about the last candidate? Do you think we should hire her? I: she had a very impressive resume, but she seemed to lack the confidence that I think a good manager needs. M: what made you think that she wasnt very confident?

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

Cannibalism In The Cars by Mark TwainI visited St. Louis lately, and on my way West, after changing cars at Terre Haute, Indiana, a mild, benevolent-looking gentleman of about forty-five, or maybe fifty, came in at one of the way-stations and sat dow

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 马克吐温最佳短篇小说

Conversation 1 A: I am looking for a record called Late Autumn. A:我在找一张唱片,叫晚秋,有卖的吗? B: Let me think... Ah, yes, we have it. B:让我想想啊,对,我们有。 A: Are you sure? You know I've been looking for i

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 最In导购口语

W: Excuse me. What time is it? M: Yes, its half past nine. W: Thank you very much. M: My pleasure. W: Do you have some time to have a little talk with me? M: I am sorry. I am quite busy now.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

屁股秀 本集简介: 大家一起去看乔伊参演的新音乐剧弗洛伊德。 在演出现场,钱德邂逅一位美丽而富于异国风情的女郎欧朗拉,并开始同她约会。 乔伊被李昂纳多演艺公司相中,该公司给乔

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

英国国会议员罗里斯图尔特在9/11后走遍了阿富汗,与市民和军阀们谈话。现在,十年以后,他问道:为什么西方和联军仍然在那里作战?他分享了过去成功军事干涉的经验--例如波斯尼亚的波

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:和平使者

在公司里,只要老板知道你会英语,接待来宾和接风宴会等一些非正式场合上担任临时翻译是常有的事。来看看下面的一些表达,你都说对了吗? (1) Mr, Mis, Mrs, Ms 这些怎么用? Mr, Miss分别是先生

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

That's okay, I'll try again later. 没问题,我过会儿再打来。 Okay. Thank you for calling, goodbye. 好的,谢谢你的来电,再见。 Excellent! Oh! 太棒了。 How did you call me without dialling? 你是怎么不拨号就能给我打

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

I'm a little bit concerned about something. 我对一些问题有点担心。 I'm a little bit concerned... Doesn't that mean something bad? 我对一些问题有点担心。这是不是不好的意思。 Yes, Anna, Paul is using a polite turn of phr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Brushing Up at the Office 在办公室刷牙 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他遇到美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A: Hi Chen Hao, how are you today? C: 还不错,你呢? A: I'm fine, just taking a quick break. C: 我刚才看到一

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

遇到老外,该怎么交谈?给你一些小技巧,无论你是在派对上还是商务会谈中,运用这些小贴士,你就一定能成为谈话高手! 良好的开始 当开始谈话的时候,最好要选择安全的话题,比如天气

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

I worry about Fern, she said. 我为弗恩担心,她说, Did you hear the way she rambled on about the animals, pretending that they talked? 你听到她嘟噜嘟噜谈那些动物了吗?说得好象它们会讲话似的。 Mr. Arable chuckled.

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Oh, yes, Wilbur adores Charlotte, said Fern. 噢,是的,威尔伯佩服夏洛,弗恩说, Do you know what Charlotte said when the goslings hatched? 你知道那些小鹅孵出来那会儿,夏洛说了什么吗? I haven't the faintest idea

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Lesson 339 It's private. 1.It's private.这是保密的。 2.It's private party.这是一次私人聚会。 3.It's a private conversation.这是私人间的谈话。 4.It's private school.这是私立学校。 5.Let's talk in private.咱们私下谈谈

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛傻瓜机口语极短句

No kidding No kidding, I'm serious. 没开玩笑,我是认真的。 I really like your friends,no kidding. 我真的喜欢你的朋友们,没开玩笑。 A: Did you get along with your boss? 你和你的老板关系好吗? B: Actually I do. She

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

You've put on weight. 避免指出某人很胖或对体重发表意见,除非你试图用粗鲁的方式对待别人。谈论体重常常是非常敏感的话题,而类似You're getting fat评论则是非常之粗鲁且侮辱人的。 Oh you're p

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Valeriy, who lives in Russia, has sent me an e-mail. He asks whether I can make a podcast about these words say, tell, speak and talk. Well, that is easy, I thought. So I sat down to write a podcast about when we use say and when we use tell and so o

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

如何用英语开启和陌生人的聊天 人格测试把人分成内向型和外向型,内向型的人有时候会羡慕外向型人在很多场合能自如地与人打成一片。其实喜欢安静并不是缺点,而面对陌生人不敢轻易开

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Subject: I think we should try to buy more time. 迷你对话A: The singer Bush hasnt appeared yet. But its her turn now. 歌手bush现在还没出现,现在已经轮到他了。 B: Dont worry. I think we should try to buy more time. 别担心,我想

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

讲解文本: make conversation 找话谈,闲聊 It is not easy to make conversation at a party. 在聚会时找话题聊天并不容易。 She'll make conversation with anyone she meets. 她和她遇到的人都会闲聊一番。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语