时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:夏洛的网


英语课

   "I worry about Fern," she said.


  “我为弗恩担心,”她说,
  "Did you hear the way she rambled 1 on about the animals, pretending that they talked?"
  “你听到她嘟噜嘟噜谈那些动物了吗?说得好象它们会讲话似的。”
  Mr. Arable 2 chuckled 3. "Maybe they do talk," he said.
  阿拉布尔先生格格笑。“也许它们真会说话,”他说,
  "I've sometimes wondered. At any rate, don't worry about Fern
  “我有时候也怀疑它们是不是会说话。反正不用为弗恩担心
  she's just got a lively imagination.
  一切只是出于她活灵活现的想象。
  Kids think they hear all sorts of things."
  小娃娃以为他们听到了各种东西。”
  "Just the same, I do worry about her," replied Mrs. Arable.
  “我还是真为她担心,”阿拉布尔太太回答说,
  "I think I shall ask Dr. Dorian about her the next time I see him.
  “下一回我看到多里安医生,我想问问他弗恩这事。
  He loves Fern almost as much as we do,
  他几乎和我们一样爱弗恩,
  and I want him to know how queerly she is acting 4 about that pig and everything.
  我要让他知道,她对于那只小猪和所有事情的举动有多么古怪。
  I don't think it's normal.
  我认为这不正常。
  You know perfectly 5 well animals don't talk."
  你很清楚,动物不会说话的。”
  Mr. Arable grinned. "Maybe our ears aren't as sharp as Fern's," he said.
  阿拉布尔先生咧开嘴笑。“也许我们的耳朵没有弗恩的尖。”他说。

(无目的地)漫游( ramble的过去式和过去分词 ); (喻)漫谈; 扯淡; 长篇大论
  • We rambled through the woods. 我们漫步走过树林。
  • She rambled on at great length but she didn't get to the heart of the matter. 她夹七夹八地说了许多话也没说到点子上。
adj.可耕的,适合种植的
  • The terrain changed quickly from arable land to desert.那个地带很快就从耕地变成了沙漠。
  • Do you know how much arable land has been desolated?你知道什么每年有多少土地荒漠化吗?
轻声地笑( chuckle的过去式和过去分词 )
  • She chuckled at the memory. 想起这件事她就暗自发笑。
  • She chuckled softly to herself as she remembered his astonished look. 想起他那惊讶的表情,她就轻轻地暗自发笑。
n.演戏,行为,假装;adj.代理的,临时的,演出用的
  • Ignore her,she's just acting.别理她,她只是假装的。
  • During the seventies,her acting career was in eclipse.在七十年代,她的表演生涯黯然失色。
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
  • The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
  • Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。
学英语单词