时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:夏洛的网


英语课

   "Oh, yes, Wilbur adores Charlotte," said Fern.


  “噢,是的,威尔伯佩服夏洛,”弗恩说,
  "Do you know what Charlotte said when the goslings hatched?
  “你知道那些小鹅孵出来那会儿,夏洛说了什么吗?”
  "I haven't the faintest idea," said Mr. Arable 1. "Tell us."
  “我一点也想不出来,”阿拉布尔太太说,“告诉我吧。”
  "Well, when the first gosling stuck its little head out from under the goose,
  “嗯,当第一只小鹅从母鹅底下伸出它那小脑袋的时候,
  I was sitting on my stool in the corner and Charlotte was on her web.
  我正坐在角落的那张凳子上,夏洛蹲在它的网上。
  She made a speech.
  它发表了一篇演讲。
  She said: 'I am sure that every one of us here in the barn cellar will be gratified to learn
  它说:‘我想我们仓底这儿的每一位都会很高兴知道,
  that after four weeks of unremitting effort and patience on the part of the goose,
  我们的母鹅老朋友经过四个礼拜不懈的努力和耐心照料,
  she now has something to show for it.'
  它现在有些宝贝要给我们看看了。’
  Don't you think that was a pleasant thing for her to say?"
  你不觉得,它说出这样的话来很棒吗?”

adj.可耕的,适合种植的
  • The terrain changed quickly from arable land to desert.那个地带很快就从耕地变成了沙漠。
  • Do you know how much arable land has been desolated?你知道什么每年有多少土地荒漠化吗?
学英语单词