世界上到处都是有才华的穷人。在很多情况下,他们之所以贫穷、生活拮据或者收入与其能力不相符,不是因为他们已知的东西而是因为他们未知的东西。他们只将注意力集中在提高和完善做

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

JESSICA 在北京学汉语,她的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教她。今天是吴琼要问的:异地恋。 JESSICA: 吴琼,what's your plan for the weekend? WQ: I'll be out of town! 我得坐4个小

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美语怎么说

In fact, the thought immediately conies to mind that confounding expectations is actually essential to a successful business model 事实上,大脑里立即产生的出乎意料的想法实际上对成功的商业模式非常重要 or at least acco

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

I also had very fond memories of the Cologne art fairs of the early 1990s, especially the Unfairs. 我对于上世纪90年代初 科隆艺术博览会的印象很好,尤其是 Unfairs。 They were fantastic When we started the magazine and began tr

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

As it happens, Ive been editor of Art Forum for four years now 碰巧,我在《艺术论坛》做编辑已经4年了 my very first issue, in fact, coincided with the first Frieze Art Fair 我记得我做的头一期,恰巧就是跟第一届Frieze艺

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

We live in an incredibly busy world. 我们生活在一个异常纷杂的世界。 The pace of life is often frantic, our minds are always busy, and we're always doing something. 生活的步调时常快得疯狂,我们的头脑(心灵)一直忙碌运

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Me vs. My Boss 我和我的老板 When I Take a long time--I am slow. 我用了很长时间我太慢。 When my boss takes a long time--He is thorough. 我老板用了很长时间他工作仔细。 When I don't do it--I am lazy. 我不做懒。 When

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Stop making big decisions and focus on closing the gap with where you want to be. 不再做不切实际的决定,而是把精力集中于如何缩小梦想与现实的差距。 A successful life is not made of easy, clean cut choices. 成功的生活

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

在这一年里你想超越自己,过上你念念不忘、梦寐以求的生活,实现遥不可及的梦。梦想年复一年地徘徊,直到你明白如果再不做点什么,你将会淡忘它的存在。现在新的一年就在眼前!你要

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是sore loser。 A sore loser, 是指在公平比赛中失败后,没完没了抱怨这,抱怨那,就是不做自我检讨的人。 Nobody likes sore losers, 没人喜欢输不起的人。 The only thing worse than a sore

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Ah, the comments section. 啊,谈到了网络评论的部分。 It's where the Internet in all its terrible glory weighs in on the hottest issues of the day. And after you read a particularly incendiary article, you too may be tempted to weigh in. 正

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki will accept an honorary Oscar on Saturday at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Governors Awards. Miyazaki, 73, who won a competitive Oscar for his 2002 animated fantasy Spirited Away, announced

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Life is filled with regrets. Ask anyone around you what their regrets are and they usually have no difficulty coming up with many items on their regret list。 And for some reason our twenties are ripe for a field of regrets. 人生总是充满遗憾。

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

I had spent a year photographing this new generation of girls, much like myself, 我曾花了一年的时间拍摄像我一样的新一代的女性, who fell kind of between-the-lines -- 觉得自己处在两个极端之间的女孩子 girls who sk

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

之前我们分享过一期关于积木学习法的节目,其中提到了积木学习法的核心就在于能让你更加宏观的看待自己的英语学习,明确学习的方向。就像拼积木,盖房子一样,首先要知道自己学习的

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

What are you willing to do in order to reach success? It is common among people these days to be average and not stand out too much. But those who are successful do not fall under this category. 为了成功你都愿意做哪些事?近来似乎人们

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

From observations of successful people, clinical psychologist and author of Never Go Back: 10 Things You'll Never Do Again (Howard Books, June 2014), Dr. Henry Cloud has discovered certain awakenings that people havein life and in businessthat once t

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

TODAY THERE IS IELTS EXAM. FOR THOSE MY FELLOW STUDENTS AND FRIENDS WHO WANT TO SCORE HIGH IN YOUR ORAL TEST, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS 。 To do : 要做的: 1.Talk to the examiner youll feel more involved in the conversation。 和考官

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

这里给大家提供一种流传了很广的方法: 1、即先阅读文章的首段前4行,注意这里不是前2行,因为现在很多文章首句通常是由专业名词组成或者是一些习语组成,大多数中国学生只知道看完首

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

释义: do something 做某事 虽然不知道要具体做什么,但做是肯定要做的。相反,如果表示什么都不做时可以用 do not anything。另外,I'd do anything for you 表示为了你,什么都可以做。 例句: Tom,

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语