A: This city is certainly very different from what I am used to at home. B: This is an amazing city. It is quite ancient with a diverse past! A: What an amazing temple! B: See how everyone is removing their shoes before entering? We need to do the sa

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

A: This is really a fascinating city! B: Yes, this city is thousands of years old and has quite a history! A: I really love this temple we are visiting. B: As you enter the temple, please remove your shoes as the others are doing. A: It is so quiet h

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游-Travel

Indian PM says no to temple in his name 印度总理反对寺庙以他的名字命名 A temple named to honour India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi might have to be renamed. Supporters of India's leader hoped to open the temple on Sunday. They have a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语科技新闻

72. My story, as you put it, is this: I first met Mr. P though my antiques business. 73.He used to collect, er…medieval religious statues, and I sometimes bought them for him. 74.I had absolutely no

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街高级英语

A: This is really a fascinating city! B: Yes, this city is thousands of years old and has quite a history! A: I really love this temple we are visiting. B: As you enter the temple, please remove your shoes as the others are doing. A: It is so quiet h

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

原文: Well, good morning everyone. My name is Craig Stone, and I'll be your guide for today's tour of Kyoto. First, I want to go over the itinerary for the tour, so everyone can enjoy the trip without being worried about being left behind along t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

A study in rural Nepal found a greater chance that babies would survive their first month. Transcript of radio broadcast: 08 July 2008 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A new study in rural Nepal shows the value of washing hands with so

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

More US Forces Heading to Iraq 更多美国士兵前往伊拉克 U.S. President Barack Obama Wednesday ordered 450 more military trainers to go to Iraq. The deployment is part of a new effort to support Iraqi troops as they try to retake Ramadi, the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2016-09-02 Documentary Shows Importance of Asian Food in US 美国吃货也爱亚洲菜 Korean-American filmmaker Grace Lee grew up in Columbia, Missouri. 韩裔美国导演格蕾丝李在密苏里州的哥伦比亚长大。 There were not m

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Photo: Suli Yi, VOA Wilson Hurley has put up a Christmas tree in his house in front of an image of Buddha It has long been true that Christmas is not just for Christians any more. Many people, of many different religious persuasions or of no persuasi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

So on the appointed dayboth innocent as babes, of coursethese honest fellows went, 约定的日子转眼就到了两个孩子般诚实的人来到碑前, And took their distant station; and Ching said, 站得很远,庆说, I can read plainly, T

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

And that brand, if you asked in what are the five greatest brands in the worlds if you ask, when you ask a professional as this question. You know I think Nike would be on everybody's list; Coca Cola would be on everybody'list; Disney would be on eve

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

今天要讲的习惯用语涉及人们常常谈到的一个词: money,金钱。我们要学的第一个习惯用语: right on the money。大家一定知道right这个词的意思是对的, 正确的。也许有人因而认为right on the money就

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

1. The family of a Sikh temple president fatally shot along with five others is arranging a joint funeral service. Relatives say the memorial service on Friday morning is open to the community. The victims were gunned down Sunday at a suburban Milwau

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(八月)

1. Sikhs are returning to a suburban Milwaukee Temple for the first time since the shootings that killed six worshippers. Temple leaders say they are planning a 48-hour ceremony that will start Friday to honor those killed. 2. US airlines are more pu

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(八月)

An ancient art that takes years to perfect. This group of about a dozen young monks are working on their Kung Fu. Their every move watched closely by their Shi Fu- or master- Yan Chen. The Shaolin Temple in China's centrally located Henan Province is

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

GWEN IFILL: Thousands of Nepalese gathered today for prayer, ritual and ceremony, marking the end of a traditional Hindu mourning period held after the massive earthquake. The death toll has grown to more than 7,800 people. Another 15,000 have been i

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Todd: Keren, you have talked about places you have been. Now. why don't you talk about places you want to go. Where would you like to visit? Keren: Whoa! There are so many places. I'd love to go to Cuba. Todd: Why Cuba? Keren: I imagine it's such a u

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Topic1 Over-education in ChinaA Guangzhou Daily report says that over-education rate in Chinese colleges is as high as 90%, comparing to 51% in the US. The bad news is that too much education may even have detrimental effects on people's psychologica

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Waiting for the First Bell Ringing of Chinese New Year等待春节的第一声钟鸣 The first bell ringing is the symbol of Chinese NewYear. 第一次钟声是春节的象征。 Chinesepeople like to go to a large squares where there are huge bells

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening