UNIT 5 1. The Temple of Zeus In his right hand a figure of Victory made from ivory and gold.In his left hand, his scepter inlaid with all metals, and an eagle perched on the sceptre.The sandals of the god are made of gold, as is his robe. Pausanias t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 听美文故事记6级单词

PART TWO - THE SCHOOLGIRL CHAPTER THREE My First Impressions of School Finally, in the middle of January, I left Gateshead for Lowood School. Bessie helped me to get ready, even though I had to get up very early to leave. Will you say good-bye to Mr

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

CHAPTER FIVE Mr. Brocklehursts Visit It was hard to get used to the rules at Lowood, and to the extremely cold, hard winter. In January, February and March there was deep snow, but we still had to go outside for one hour every day. We had no warm boo

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 简爱

Excuse me. Can you tell me what street Im on? 请问我这是在哪条街上? Excuse me. Can you tell me what street Im on? 请问我这是在哪条街上? I'm not too sure. 我也不太清楚。 Do you know what this area is called? 你知道这是

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

从枪击案看白人至上种族主义走向 American Sikhs have been mourning the victims of the mass shooting at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin - and are trying to comprehend an act that seems senseless. The shooter's motives are unclear, but one orga

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年8月

We'll see the Acropolis in Athens soon! 很快我们就可以见到雅典卫城了! Yes. It's a very beautiful place? 是的。那是个好地方。 Can you tell me something about the Acropolis in Athens? 你能给我讲些关于雅典卫城的事吗

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about an American spacecraft that has a date with a comet. We hear the latest about a Space Shuttle commander whose wife co

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

There have been centuries of tension along the Nile between Arabs and Nubians, 25 people were recently killed near here, and many more were injured during clashes between Arab and Nubian families, many Nubians still feel ostracized from Egyptian life

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

LAKSHMI SINGH, HOST: We're going to hear now about Trenton Doyle Hancock. He's a star in the art world, and he collects dolls. He has so many dolls and toys he needs a studio the size of an airplane hangar in which to store them. Hancock's work is in

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

-Oh, my goodness! That is what we are here for.-Yeah. That's S*, the famous cricketer. -The best cricketer in history? -S*, yes, of course. -And that is the world cup in his hand. -The Cricket World Cup? -Yeah. -He's a world-famous cricketer, but her

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

Sorry,thereisnottexttemporarily,Pleasehelptingroomtolookforit! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! 汪培珽分级书单(MP3+绘本) 新概念英语动画(合集)

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽七 The Temple of the Ruby of

Sorry,thereisnottexttemporarily,Pleasehelptingroomtolookforit! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! 汪培珽分级书单(MP3+绘本) 新概念英语动画(合集)

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽七 The Temple of the Ruby of

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽七 The Temple of the Ruby of

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽七 The Temple of the Ruby of

The port city of Quanzhou was the starting point of China's ancient maritime Silk Road, and it was also the country's biggest and one of the world's largest trading seaports during the Song and Yuan dynasties. Bustling trade led to the merging of dif

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

Visiting temple fairs is a must for many Chinese people to celebrate the lunar new year. Now, the Chinese embassy in the DPRK is bringing its own temple fair to Pyongyang. We join the exciting festivities. The temple fair kicks off in Pyongyang with

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年01月

Topic 1: China's suicide rate has dramatically declined in recent yearsChina used to have one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Now, according to a study by University of Hong Kong researchers, the country has seen the rate drop dramatically

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Track one The courtyard of a siheyuan within the former Imperial City We discovered this house together but the idea came from my husband He was really fond of the siheyuan During the SARS period we biked through the whole city hutong area We decided

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Topic1 Shaolin Temple and local government in ticket fare showdownA legal showdown between a renowned Buddhist temple in central China and its administration agency snagged headlines as the two battle over ticket fare distribution of the tourist site

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

If you're planning a trip to Greece in the future, you'll want to schedule a visit to the temple of Apollo at Delphi. This famous temple was the home of the Pythia, a specially chosen and trained woman who according to legend channeled the voice and

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16