芭比娃娃(Barbie)是20世纪最广为人知及最畅销的玩偶,她们由Ruth Handler发明,于1959年3月9日举办的美国国际玩具展览会(American International Toy Fair)上首次曝光。芭比娃娃及其它相关配件均以

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名牌博览

[00:07.18]Good evening. 晚安 [00:13.02]Man: Hello. [00:17.58]Cal: Do you know that there are several thousand tons 这船用了很多我们家的钢铁 [00:21.30]of Hockley steel in this very ship? 用在什么地方? [00:23.38]- Ruth: Hmm. Which

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语—泰坦尼克号

Asking for help with a meeting A: Ruth? I have a big favor to ask you. B: How big, Catherine? A: Well, I was hoping you would cover for me at the strategy meeting this afternoon. B: But, I cant, Catherine. Ive got two committee meetings back to back

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

This one is from Ruth! Is it a toy? What is it?! It's a penis! Penis! Penis! Well, well, okay... Give me that! Jen! I'm just helping that kid with the pinata. - Okay. - I'll show you how it's done, kid. Debster! You need drinks tonight. We don't do t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

Ruth, England speaker Good transportation? Not really because I'm from a small village but then if you actually go into the town itself, then things aren't too bad. There's quite a good bus system and you can get there easily on the train. We don't h

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Millions of Americans are looking after an older family member. A survey a few years ago put the value of family care-giving at $375 billion a year. And while care-giving has traditionally been something family members do for their elders, a growing

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

为什么有的人见不得血,看到血后会晕倒呢?人们的血型和性格有什么联系吗? Callum: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. Im Callum. Jennifer: And Im Jennifer. Callum: Now Jennifer, how squeami

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

Then it starts to move, slow. It goes in circles, and then stops on H. Then it speeds up. E, N, R, Y. Henry, says Mary Christina, whos Henry? Helen says, I dont know, but youre blushing, Clare. Who is Henry? I just shake my head, like its a mystery t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Ruths parents are in San Francisco for a week, so at least she will have some time to repair, clean, and explain, but Im glad its not my house all the same. Ruths older brother, Jake, has also invited his friends, and altogether there are about a hun

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Todd: Hey Ruth, hows it going? Ruth: Fine, thank you. Im fine. How are you? Todd: Good. Now Ruth, I was noticing that you are eating raisins. Ruth: Thats right yes. Todd: What is it with the raisins? You always have raisins! Ruth: I really like raisi

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Akane: Hey, Ruth. Ruth: Hi, Akane. Akane: So, um, how big is your immediate family? Ruth: Ah, there are four of us. Akane: Four people, OK. Whose in it? Ruth: Not big really. Well, there's my mum and my dad and my older brother and then there's me. A

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Ruth: Oh, hello there. Can I help you? Akane: Hi, I'm just looking at some of your paintings here. You have a really nice store here. Ruth: Yes that's right, we do don't we? We have some really nice paintings in here. Akane: I think I really like thi

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Todd: So, what did you do today? Ruth: Well, actually, I got up this morning quite early. I couldn't sleep so I was a little bit annoyed and then I went to church and I had some lunch and.. Todd: OK, but, you said early, like how early? Ruth: Well, I

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Ruth: Oh, hello there. Can I help you? Akane: Hi, I'm just looking at some of your paintings here. You have a really nice store here. Ruth: Yes that's right, we do don't we? We have some really nice paintings in here. Akane: I think I really like thi

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Ruth: So, Tres, you read a lot of comics. Don't you find them really violent in Japan? Tres: Yeah, there are violent comic books. There are sexy comic books. There are comic books I wouldn't show to my grandmother. Ruth: But compared to the comic boo

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Ruth: Now Akane! Akane: Yeah. Ruth: I've noticed that you fall asleep everywhere. Akane: Oh, you've noticed. Oh, no, it's actually a problem that I have. Ruth: Really? Akane: Yeah, I do get sleepy. Ruth: Well, it's just that whenever we come back fro

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Ruth: So, Akane, you're from Canada, right? Akane: That's right. Ruth: Tell me about where you live. Akane: Well, I grew up in Toronto, and it's quite a big city. In the greater Toronto area, there's about, I think3 1/2 million people just now and it

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

第二天,警长到医院去看望玛西,摇着头说,那座山没有打败你。鲁斯哈根知道,那座山没有打垮她们是因为,在那个晚上,上帝和她在一起,保护着她,指引着她,给她虚弱的身体注入力量

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Akane: Hey, Ruth. Ruth: Hey, Akane. Akane: I just came to pick up my plastic container than I lent you the other day. Ruth: Oh, right. Well, I've just washed it actually, so here you go. Akane: Thanks. So did you like that potato salad I made you? Ru

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: Ruth, what is something you are afraid of? Like snakes, spiders, rats? Ruth: Probably sharks. Todd: Sharks. Ruth: I know that sounds quite irrational, especially when I don't live near the sea but just the thought of being eaten by a shark. It'

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话