The One Where Chandler Takes a Bath -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Written by: Vanessa McCarthy Transcribed by: Jean Liew ----------------------------

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 六人行—第6-10季

Callum: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. Im Callum. Jennifer: And Im Jennifer. Callum: Now Jennifer, how squeamish are you? Jennifer: Squeamish? Callum: Yes, squeamish. For example, how do you feel when you see blood?

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Key Sentences(重点句子) 619.I'm so homesick,I could die.我想家想得要死掉了。 620.All this studying,all this pressure, I just can't stand it! 那么重的学业,那么大的压力,我真受不了! 621.One of my pape

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Ruth: So, Akane, tell me about your family. Who do you get on well with in your family? Akane: Well, I think I get along the best with my mother, I would say. Ruth: So, why is that? Akane: Well, I think it probably has to do with the fact that we're

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. Another baseball season is here. This will be the final season for one of the best-known ballparks in America. This week on our program,

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

听力题目: 5. (A). He forgot where tonights concert will be held. (B). He didnt notice he had dropped the tickets. (C). He didnt recall when the concert started. (D). He didnt remember to get the tickets. 6. (A). Ruth was puzzled by her inabilit

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力单句训练

It was bright morning. The sun shone down on the damp lawns and sidewalks, reflecting off the sparkling parked cars. The Clerk came walking hurriedly, leafing through his instructions, flipping pages and frowning. He stopped in front of the small gre

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

They crossed the street together, Ruth holding on tight to Ed's arm. Ahead of them was the building, the towering structure of concrete and metal and glass. There it is, Ruth said. See? There it was, all right. The big building rose up, firm and soli

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(552) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

Chaddy came in to play with me. Chaddy and I have never liked to lose to each other. When we were younger, we used to be forbidden to play games together, because they always ended in a fight. We think we know each others mettle intimately. I think h

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

Akane: Hi Ruth Ruth: Hi Akane: Hey did you get a new hair cut? Ruth: Yeah I did actually. Akane: Wow, it looks really nice! Ruth: Oh you like it? Thanks. Akane: Its shorter than before. Ruth: Yeah, its quite a lot shorter actually. Akane: So where di

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Ruth: Hey Akane, didnt we have a really good time in the city in Oita last weekend? Akane: Yeah we had a great time. Im glad we went. Ruth: Oh me too. It was so good! You know, I thought it was really good to get out of this small town. It was really

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Ruth: Akane, you've got a new skirt! Akane: I do. Thanks for noticing. Ruth: Oh, that's OK. So are you quite into fashion? Akane: Well, I do like to buy stuff now and then. Ruth: Yeah, and was that the last thing you bought? Akane: Ah, I'd say so, ye

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Ruth: So, Akane, tell me about your family. Who do you get on well with in your family? Akane: Well, I think I get along the best with my mother, I would say. Ruth: So, why is that? Akane: Well, I think it probably has to do with the fact that we're

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Ruth: So Akane, is there anything that youre frightened of? Akane: Well Im, Im really scared of horror movies. I never watch them, cuz they really really frighten me. Ruth: Horror movies wow. Have your ever seen a horror movie? Akane: Well, um, when

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

She was angry. She was angry at her husband. He lied to her. He lied many times. She was tired of his lies. She said enough was enough. She took off her ring. She dropped it into the toilet. She flushed the toilet. She got into her car. She got on th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - American Baseball Legend Babe RuthBy Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Sunday, April 02, 2006 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson with the Special Eng

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(四)月

Ruth: Hey Akane, didnt we have a really good time in the city in Oita last weekend? Akane: Yeah we had a great time. Im glad we went. Ruth: Oh me too. It was so good! You know, I thought it was really good to get out of this small town. It was really

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Ruth: Akane, you've got a new skirt! Akane: I do. Thanks for noticing. Ruth: Oh, that's OK. So are you quite into fashion? Akane: Well, I do like to buy stuff now and then. Ruth: Yeah, and was that the last thing you bought? Akane: Ah, I'd say so, ye

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

She took a teaching position at Rutgers University, where her academic work on women's rights became the basis for a string of cases she argued before the Supreme Court. 她在罗格斯大学(Rutgers University)担任教职,在那里,她做了妇女

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

Dead horse 当某人说,Please pass the dead horse, 别担心,他们不是在谈论动物。这是蕃茄酱的另一种说法。澳大利亚人通常将它发dead 'orse。 Elbow grease 如果你试图打开一罐 dead horse密封的盖子时,你的

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语