My period started today, Ruth said. Brody could hear her sadness over the phone. Oh, Im sorry, honey. Thats too bad, Brody said. Until now, they both had assumed that she was pregnant, because her period was supposed to start three weeks ago. Brody h

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

By Rosanne Skirble Washington, DC 31 May 2006 watch Film Review report Al Gore, a longtime advocate for the environment and former vice president of the United States, developed a slide show about the threat posed by global warming. Over the last si

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: The Netflix film I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore mixes the gruesome and the goofy. How do you score a movie like that? For help, the directors turned to two of his oldest associates, his brothers. Tim Greiving has the st

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Your grandma told you not to lie. Your grandpa told you not to lie. Your mother said to tell the truth. Your father said to tell the truth. You try to tell the truth. You try to tell the truth all the time. But you cannot tell the truth all the time.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Young Students Come to US for Experience of a Lifetime 年轻的学生来美国真是终身难忘的经历 A U.S.-funded student exchange program is giving young people from around the world the chance of a lifetime - to study and live in America. Th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

By Jocelyn Ford Banda Aceh 19 December 2006 An Acehnese woman casts her ballot at a polling station, 11 Dec 2006 The Indonesian province of Aceh this month held its first direct elections for key officials, a landmark vote intended to cement a peace

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

Here is a very small piece of fiction from Ruth Forman. It's titled Bars on Windows. The window covered with rusted black iron bars looked like jail, he thought, though he'd never been to jail. He wondered when exactly the bars were added. They didn'

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Now, Poet Ruth Forman lets us into part of her daily spiritual practice with her poem, I Wear Prayers Like Shoes. Now, Poet Ruth Forman lets us into part of her daily spiritual practice with her poem, I Wear Prayers Like Shoes. I wear prayers like sh

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(216) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Cathy Majtenyi Kiambu District, Kenya 11 June 2007 In Kenya's Kiambu District, activists and local government and education officials are working hand-in-hand to rescue boys and girls laboring in the area's coffee, tea, and other plantations. Cat

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

New Orleans, Havre de Grace: American Places That Hold Special Memories Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. Some places can create strong memories. We often clearly remember important events in our lives and link them wit

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Influential Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy has proposed that an independent truth commission be established to investigate alleged abuses of power under the Bush administration. President Barack Obama has reacted cautiously to the suggestion, sayi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(二月)

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: Over the last few months, weeks, days, hours, you might have heard of a certain movie that is in theaters this weekend. (SOUNDBITE OF FILM, BLACK PANTHER) FOREST WHITAKER: (As Zuri) I give to you the Black Panther. MCEVERS: Black

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) NOEL KING, HOST: OK. It's time now for StoryCorps. Every summer, for generations, the town of Peabody, Mass., has heard the sounds of Yankee Doodle coming from the ice cream truck of Allan Ganz. Over the years, he's watched his c

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

She eats a Granola Bar. She drops a crumb in the kitchen. She does not realize it. She goes to watch a movie. She comes back to the kitchen. She sees many ants. The ants are all near the crumb. She gets a broom. She sweeps the ants and the crumb away

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第2级听力-English Level 2

By Zulima Palacio Washington 21 November 2007 Domestic violence is a common problem in many parts of the world, and a private organization in Baltimore, Maryland is trying to do something about it. Those who know about it say the House of Ruth Maryla

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

Ruth: Now that weve picked out a new couch, we need to pick out an upholstery fabric . What do you think of this checkered one? Gerry: Thats an eyesore . I prefer something a little more subtle . Ruth: Subtle? Whats fun about subtle? I want something

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

介绍: Road [r??d] n. 道路 load [l??d] v. 装载 R的绕口令: A right-handed fellow named Wright. 有个习惯用右手的家伙名字叫Wright. In writing write always wrote rite 在写作时候,write经常写成rite. Rex wrecks wet rocks. Re

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

AILSA CHANG, HOST: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had surgery today for early stage lung cancer. The odds for a full recovery from the disease at that stage have dramatically improved in recent years. That said, this is the 85-year-old lib

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月