In today's show, we cover whether you should say you talked to someone or talked with someone. The podcast edition of this article was sponsored by Smarties: the gluten-free, dairy-free, tamper-evident, low-calorie candies for Halloween. Buy Smarties

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 跟谢孟媛学语法

Unit 3 Understanding Science Part I Pre-reading Task Listen to the recording two or three times and then think over the following questions: 1. Who is it about? 2. What questions interest him? 3. What

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

Welcome to the second in this three-part Business English Pod series on presenting your ideas presuasively. Last time we heard a bad example and a good example of persuasion. Then we covered the first step of the Monroe Sequence: We learned that to b

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语演讲课

Russian Court to Hear Wallenberg Case A court in Moscow is preparing to hear arguments from the family of Raoul Wallenberg in a case against Russia's Federal Security Service, or FSB. The former Swedish diplomat has been credited with saving thousand

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(8月)

So last week I spoke at my old school, UC Berkeley. The city is as delightful as ever, a mix of fall leaves, bright sun and tramp feces. But now thinking back to my arrival there as a freshman 25 years ago. I realized this city had not only transform

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2009

Employment is at record levels27, 8 millionwith over 1.4 million jobs created since 1997. We remain a world leader in the delivery of services. And as the Chinese market diversifies away from heavy manufacturing UK companies stand well placed to deve

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 林超伦实战口译练习笔记

考研英语作文的提高,一方面靠多识记一些优秀作文,积累一些高端句子,但往往这样会导致另一个极端,使得阅卷老师很反感这样内容上大范围的模板化;另一方面,作文的提高也是需要多加

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster, English teacher Lida Baker answers some of your questions. RS: Starting with this from Sunny, He Hong Feng, who asks: May I say I am an English teacher or should I say I am a teach

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Believe In God And Feel Better 有信仰会感觉更好么? Whether or not a treatment for an illness or disorder works usually doesnt depend on whether we believe it will work. For example, if you have an MRI, barring a malfunction, the technology

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Diseases of Cassava Wreak Havoc in Africa 木薯疾病在非洲肆虐 From VOA Learning English, this is the Agriculture Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语农业报道。 Cassava is an important crop in some countries. More than 160 million pe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Alan Silverman The Iliad, the classic work by the ancient Greek poet Homer, gets the Hollywood treatment in an epic film starring Brad Pitt and Eric Bana. Alan Silverman has a look at Troy. It is not

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--艺术专集

Focus on the relevance. Apple needs to find where it is still incredibly relevant and focus on those areas. It means to figure out its core assets are, and invest more in them, Apple has neglected its core assets for a while. It has to forge some mea

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

Topic 1-24 Solar Terms added to UNESCO's heritage list China's Twenty-four Solar Terms have been added to UNESCO's List of Intangible Cultural Heritage. While some believe it's an opportune time to learn more about traditions and customs passed down

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

2016年4月23日专四开考,小编特为考生准备了10篇考前密押新题型作文,这是目前市面上唯一的新题型押题作文,希望助广大考生一臂之力。不多说了,看官请看星火老师的作文押题系列吧! 押

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

押题6 是否应该让年轻人担任政府要职? 题目要求: Should young people undertake important positions in the government? This issue has been intensely discussed for years. The following are the supporters and opponents opinions. Rea

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says he is ready to have direct talks with the United States, but only based on justice and respect, not on pressure and imposition. He made the comments on Sunday while addressing a rally marking the anniversary

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Science and technology 科学技术 Psychology 心理 Tall, dark and stable Wobbly furniture leads to a desire for emotional stability 摇摇晃晃的家具让人在情绪上追求稳定 CLEARLY, a persons decisions are determined by circumstances. 显

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

The Marx Memorial Library in London is marking the bicentenary of Karl Marx with a major international conference on May 5th and a series of events under a project called Marx200. 00:00/03:23 Housed in a historical building in north London, the Marx

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Critical thinking and information analysis. We are living in the information age where, on adaily basis, we are constantly exposed to an ever growing and rapidly changing pool of information. Being able to evaluate this information, sort the valuable

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

14.我写信是想问一下有关在贵校的住宿、收费以及申请贵校所需具备的具体条件的。 Im writing to inquire about information in relevance with accommodation, fee charges and specific qualifications required of candidates to

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语