US Waivers Could Send Mixed Signals on Use of Child Soldiers STATE DEPARTMENT President Barack Obama has waived restrictions against providing military aid to six countries cited this year for using child soldiers. The countries, mostly in Africa, we

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Many schools require young children (aged 5-11) to work together in a small group instead of working alone to learn man activities. Educators and researchers have never stopped the examination of

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

A sense of optimism is said to have been generated about Asia's overall economic health from the now-concluded Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong, with the role of the Chinese mainland being lauded in the region's development. The 11th Asian Financia

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

By Scott Bobb Johannesburg 12 October 2007 Environmentalists in Africa are welcoming the announcement that the Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to former U.S. Vice President Al Gore and a United Nations Panel on climate change. They say the well kn

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Welcome back to Job Club ,I'm Tory Johnson in New York. And We've been discussing how entrepreneurs can have the best shot at success. Many of you have submitted questions to ask at ABC News.com about your business efforts, and I've asked Scott Gerbe

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

187. Meeting in church教堂相会 relevance-remote A young woman was kneeling alone in a remote part of the sanctuary of a church when a young man knelt down beside her. The young man spoke to her, I think it is remarkable that you would come here o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Jamaican Plan to Abandon Queen Raises Questions Independence Jamaica is celebrating 50 years of independence from Britain. At her inaugural address, newly elected Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller said the anniversary provides an opportunity for J

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Khmer Rouge Labor Camp Survivor Learns to Cry Arn was only a child when the Khmer Rouge came to power in Cambodia. Sent to the labor camps, he survived by learning how to play revolutionary songs on his flute. He watched as those around him were murd

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

New Documentary 'Marley' Centers on Reggae Superstar Director Kevin MacDonald starts his film at the source: the ramshackle village house where Bob Marley was born in 1945. With rare glimpses of his formative years and unprecedented interviews with f

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

In the more than 20 years since the Cold War ended, the Atlantic Alliance, NATO, has been struggling to redefine itself through expansion and by taking on new missions. Now, the 28-nation organization's identity crisis is entering a new phase, as off

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Volunteers Help Revive LA's Concrete River The starship Enterprise is well-known to viewers of the iconic Star Trek TV series and visitors to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington, where the original model is on display in the g

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Filmmaker Raoul Peck's documentary I Am Not Your Negro is nominated for an Oscar. It features the work of the late James Baldwin, American writer, poet and social critic. (SOUNDBITE OF DOCUMENTARY, I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO) JAMES BALD

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

A blue paper published on Tuesday shows the graduation and employment status of Chinese students in 2013. Last year, the number of graduate students reached a record high of nearly seven million. The initial employment rate for postgraduate students

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年05月

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the United States must prepare to fight insurgencies and similar types of wars for the foreseeable future, and put less emphasis on preparing for large-scale conventional wars. 美国国防部长罗伯特.盖茨

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

Broadcast on COAST TO COAST: August 12, 2004 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: practice makes perfect. RS: With us from Los Angeles is English teacher Lida Baker to explain a part of grammar that makes English lea

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

WITHOUT STANDING UP, we stared in the direction of the forest, my hand stopping halfway to my mouth, Ned Land's completing its assignment. 我们向树林方面看去,但没有站起来,我的手正拿食物向嘴里送就停住了,尼德兰的手

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Topic1 School Bus UnusedToday the new semester begins. In rural areas, many kids need to take a bus to school. We all know the shortage of qualified school buses in rural schools. However, in Zhejiang, 52 brand-new school buses have been unused for m

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Topic1 Opinions split on relevance of cord bloodThere are always two opinions on storing cord blood. Some experts believe that the chance of a person to use his or her cord blood for blood diseases is too few while the cost is high. Others argue that

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Topic1 Beijing hikes public transit faresBeijing citizens will say goodbye to the city's low price transportation system next month with the municipal government announcing subway and bus fare hikes. The new fares, which formally take hold on Decembe

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Some believe that teachers (for students from age 14-18) should focus on lecturing and asking students to take notes during lectures. Others believe that teachers should get students involved in discussion and encourage them to exchange ideas in clas

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语