A: Do you wash clothes here often? B: I have been coming here for the past few years. A: Why do you wash here? B: It's actually a lot cheaper for me to wash my clothes here. A: I've only washed my clothes here a couple times. B: Why don't you wash cl

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

Another international story we've been following concerns the secretive nation of North Korea. It's been a rival of South Korea and the U.S. since fighting stopped in the Korean War in 1953. North Korea's leader, Kim Jong-un has spoken out repeatedly

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年12月

By Kurt Achin Seoul 31 March 2008 South Korea is opting for a low public policy profile amid escalating tensions with North Korea. Seoul officials kept quiet, a day after Pyongyang threatened to turn the South into ashes. VOA's Kurt Achin reports fro

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

Asking for input What do you think (about . . . )? How do you feel (about . . . )? Any ideas? What are the alternatives? Exploring Options Let's look at Option 1. What (do you think) about Plan B? How about the third alternative? Let's consider Bob's

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 跟我学英语入门篇

So, when I came back to make my next movie, which was Avatar, I tried to apply that same principle of leadership which is that you respect your team, and you earn their respect in return. And it really changed the dynamic. So, here I was again with a

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

今天我们要学的词是 relocation. Relocation 意思是迁移,重新安置。Tens of thousands of protesters in Okinawa vowed to stop the planned relocation of a U.S military base, saying they want it off the southern Japanese island entirely.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

A: I am planning a trip and need help making my airline reservation. B: Sure. Where are you traveling to on your trip? A: I will be vacationing in Oregon. B: You have an option of departing from Los Angeles or Burbank Airport. What is your preference

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

The U.S. Senate has approved a hard-fought measure to overhaul the U.S. health care system. The vote will be followed by the difficult process of reconciling the Senate-passed bill with one approved by the House of Representatives, in order to get a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Capping Stack deploys from on board the Transocean Discoverer Inspiration on the MC 252 location 11 July 2010 Oil company BP is considering a so-called static kill to seal off its damaged Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico, even as plans go forward t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

来自中国的雇员Penny跟同事Robert聊天儿。 Penny Liu: Hey, Robert! I was listening to you speak Chinese at the presentation yesterday! You're fluent! Robert: Oh, that's kind of you to say, but in reality I'm just able to hold a conversatio

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Minimalist Lifestyle 极简生活 Dialogue 1 Mark: Jingjing, that's a nice jacket you're wearing. It's perfect for this spring weather. 马克:京晶,你穿的这件夹克真不错。春天穿这个真是太合适了。 Jingjing: Thanks for notic

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

When something bad happens, there's no point in wishing it had not happened. The only option is to minimise the damage. 如果糟糕的事已然发生,再去想要是没发生也没有意义。唯一的选择是把损失降到最小。《唐顿庄园

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.2

How often have you longed to have time to just sit quietly and think? Well, be careful what you wish for. Because a study shows that many people find such interludes incredibly unpleasant. So uncomfortable, in fact, that they would rather zap themsel

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年Scientific American(八)月

For nearly a decade, the popularity of Australian universities rose rapidly among Indian students, and the number of those heading to the country for higher education rose from about 10,000 in 2001 to more than 70,000 last year. But that could change

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

By Challiss McDonough Beirut 18 July 2006 Western nations are moving to evacuate thousands of their citizens from Lebanon as Israel's air strikes there intensify. The airport and seaports have been closed after being repeatedly bombed, and most of t

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

今天我们要学的词是realistic. Realistic的意思是现实的。A senior UN official recently said the two-state solution was the best available and most realistic option for the Israelis and Palestinians. 一位联合国高级官员最近说,

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani says hope remains for a diplomatic solution to the international dispute over his country's nuclear program Elizabeth Arrott | Cairo 30 November 2009 Iranian parliament speaker Ali Larijani speaks with media, during hi

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

来自中国的雇员Penny跟同事Robert聊天儿。 Penny Liu: Hey, Robert! I was listening to you speak Chinese at the presentation yesterday! You're fluent! Robert: Oh, that's kind of you to say, but in reality I'm just able to hold a conversatio

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

模仿文本: After retiring from a long playing career in May, David Beckham hasn't waited too long to make his next move. It's understood the former England captain is targeting Miami as a base for a Major League Soccer team. If the deal which is

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

A: So tell me again, why couldn't you get the supplies I ordered? B: Well I ordered them when you asked, but the supplier said they might need to back order them. A: When do you think they will finally arrive? B: I think maybe by Tuesday. A: If they

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 雇佣-Employment