We're getting started in the U.S. capital, where Senate Republicans have been working to get President Donald Trump's Supreme Court, Judge Neil Gorsuch, confirmed to the high court. A few Democrats said they'd vote for Judge Gorsuch as well, but most

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年4月

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says President Barack Obama's plan to withdraw U.S. combat troops from Iraq in 16 months is one of the options currently being studied at the Pentagon. US Sec. of Defense Robert Gates (left) with Joint Chiefs Chai

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

Four Brother Goats Arrive in Brooklyn on a Mission 四只山羊兄弟来布鲁克林执行任务 There is the old saying that areas in decline are going to the dogs. It seems parts of Brooklyn, New York, are going to the goats a small herd of goats,

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(七月)

AILSA CHANG, HOST: The laws of economics works smoothly except when it comes to cartels. Cartels happen when businesses get together and fix prices. Think OPEC for oil or De Beers for diamonds. Cartels hurt competition, drive up prices. And that's ge

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

A: Good afternoon Sir, may I please see your passport and reservation? 先生,下午好!我能看下您的护照和您的预订卡信息吗? B: Here you go. 给你。 A: I'm sorry sir, this flight has been cancelled due to some mechanical probl

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

John: OK darling, got some pizzas, potato chips, hot dogs and lots of cheese! Kelly: Oh John, I thought we said we would start eating right! Remember? Our new healthy lifestyle? Thats all junk food! John:Hrumph! Right, so what did you get? Kelly: Wel

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Many language learners think that the best way to learn a language is to spend time in a country where the language is spoken. In the past, studying abroad was a distant dream for most people. Nowadays, however, it has become easier to find both oppo

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 人教全日制普通高中英语(必修)高三(全一册)

A Stationary Satellite, part 2 A geostationary satellite orbitsthe planet at the same rate as the planet rotates, so the satellite is always over the same patch of ground. Cool! you say. Id like to have one of those about twenty feet over my house. S

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

My wife and I bought a vacation package and we thought that it included everything. We should have double- checked that it included airport transfer to our hotel as well. Hindsight is 20/20, they say. My wife wanted to take a taxi, but I nixed that i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

This week well discuss choices about how best to use the words option and alternative. Frequently the words option and alternative are used interchangeably, but there is a difference. Do you know what it is? Lets say Horatio has a primary plan of act

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

By Andre de Nesnera Washington 07 February 2006 The International Atomic Energy Agency has voted to refer Iran's nuclear file to the United Nations Security Council. In this report from Washington, VO

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

By Barry Kalb Hong Kong 23 February 2007 U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney says that nations like the United States and Australia simply cannot indulge in the option of ignoring safe havens for terrorist groups around the world. Speaking in Sydney, he

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

By Catherine Maddux Washington 26 July 2006 The vice president of Sudan's post-war unity government, Salva Kiir Mayardit, who is also president of southern Sudan's regional government, has taken on a new role, using his position to help put an end t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

By Michael Bowman Washington 22 January 2006 High-ranking senators from both U.S. political parties say there are no easy answers when it comes to dealing with Iran's nuclear ambitions, but that the p

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

By Cindy Saine Capitol Hill 26 October 2009 Senator Harry Reid, 6 Oct 2009 U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Monday his chamber's health care reform bill will include a government-run insurance plan that states could participate in volunta

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十月)

今天我们要学的词是default。 Default, 意思是违约,特别指拖欠债务。美国政府和国会参众两院目前正在紧张讨论提高国债上限的问题。 If Congress does not approve an increase in the debt ceiling within a wee

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Dan Robinson Capitol Hill 13 June 2008 Democrats and Republicans in Congress have voiced concerns to a Bush administration arms control official about a U.S. - Russia civilian nuclear cooperation deal. VOA's Dan Robinson report from Capitol Hill,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

I was supposed to meet Jenny at the library, but I was late. Jenny texted me: I M @ lib wher r u? Im not very good at texting so I used a template to say I was going to be late. When I arrived at the library, Jenny laughed at me because she knew I di

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

President Barack Obama addresses a joint session of the U.S. Congress in a few hours seeking support from Democratic and Republican lawmakers and the American people for an overhaul of the U.S. health care system. Majority Democrats vow to push forw

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(九月)

Dear Annie: My wife and I play gin rummy, often when traveling. We are both competitive, and although I can get a bit emotional, I do play by the rules. During a recent trip, my wife and I played a few games in a public place. We were at a crucial po

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16