Dear Mr. Turner: Thank you for your order #3454, for 30 sets of item LSD-6. This product is currently in stock and will be shipped to you early next week. As well, the item you expressed interest in earlier, item LSD-7, is also once more in stock and

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

WORDS AND THEIR STORIES - Rocket Scientist By Jerry Watson Broadcast: Sunday, November 28, 2004 Hello, I'm Phil Marily with Words and Their Stories, a program in Special English. You do not need to be

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(265) / 评论(0) 分类 WORDS AND THEIR STORIES

来自中国的雇员Sue跟男同事Pete和女同事Julie一起去吃饭。 Pete: Hey Sue! Don't walk under that ladder...it's bad luck! Sue: Julie, Is he serious? Julie: Kind of. There is an old tradition in the West that says it's bad luck. S: You

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语初级

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The Environmental Film Festival in Washington, D.C., has been bringing movies to America's capital for seventeen years. This year, the twelve-day

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

中国雇员Cathy忧心忡忡地去找美国同事Mark请教。 Kathy: Hey Mark...do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions? Mark: No problem, I've got time. K: Great! Well, I'm going to Seattle for half a year. I'm attending a course at a unive

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jane向上司Vincent和财务专家Anna请教,如何才能摆脱信用卡债务。Anna建议说: A: You have to freeze everything and reevaluate your position. Figure out exactly - to the dollar - how much you owe and who you owe it to. J: How ca

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司高管Peter, Jason和Helen开会讨论员工保健项目。 Peter首先发言。 Peter: Well folks, we've come to the last item on our agenda: our corporate wellness program. Jason: Yeah, I'm very interested to see where you're going to do with

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

David Tang到Players杂志社求职面试,考官是杂志社经理Fred Dixon。 F: Hello Mr. Tang. Take a seat. D: Thanks Mr. Dixon. Call me David, please. F: Ok, David...call me Fred. How are you this morning? D: Very well, thanks. Actually, I'm q

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Tom Smith被叫到部门经理Paul Chen的办公室。 Tom: Good morning, Paul. How are you? P: I'm well, thanks. Take a seat. This is Sue Krammer from the head office. T: Hi, Sue. S: Hi. P: Tom, there's no easy way to say this so I'm just going to s

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司执行总裁Dave召集董事会成员Helen和Pete开会,讨论业务外包和公司重组。 Dave: I've called this meeting to discuss a very important decision we need to make. In the interest of cost saving, it's been suggested that we outs

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

MicroMax公司销售部主管Fred 给客户Tom打电话,讨论涨价的事情。 Susan (secretary): Hello, Tom Grossman's office. How may I help you? Fred Lim: Hi, Susan. This is Fred Lim from MicroMax. Is Tom available for a second? Susan: One mom

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

By Nancy-Amelia Collins A World Health Organization official has warned of the likelihood of more human deaths from the bird flu virus, after the death of a teenage boy in Thailand this week. On Wedne

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--健康科技

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他跟美国同事Amy约好一起吃午饭。 (Office ambience) C:对不起Amy,让你久等了,办公室有点事。 A:Nothing big, I hope. C:一个客户在电话里给我留言,但她说得太快了

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他兴冲冲地打电话给美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A:Good Afternoon, this is Amy. C:你好,Amy, 我是陈豪,你现在有几分钟的时间吗? A:Yes. I was just about to start a new

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 The resignation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak after eighteen days of protests filled Cairo's Tahrir, or Liberation, Square with celebrations. 开罗解放

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

By Challiss McDonough Ghazl el-Mahalla, Egypt 27 September 2007 Thousands of workers have taken control of one of Egypt's biggest state-owned textile factories in a continuing protest over pay and work conditions. Tensions are mounting as the strike

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

Mud from the ancient riverbanks is good for building nests. lt also holds more evidence that will help us to reconstruct the ice age past. Every now and then,new clues surface, hinting at what else might lie beneath. ln this dried-up pond in South Da

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

The site was once a spring-fed pond, full of water. Mammoths were tempted in to drink. But when they tried to climb back out, the banks were steep and slippery. Just like the short-faced bear imprisoned underground, some became trapped. Scavengers wo

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

As North America emerged from the grip of the last ice age, the door was opened to outsiders for the very first time. As these early immigrants pushed their way south, they found themselves in a land of an unimaginable opportunity, overflowing with g

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Newspapers Worldwide Call for Climate Change Action On the first day of the Copenhagen climate conference, 56 newspapers publishing in 20 languages in 45 countries publish an unprecedented joint editorial calling for meaningful action to face the thr

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学