Jimmy因为天性腼腆,所以每逢社交活动,一律能推就推。同事Brad和Pam努力说服Jimmy, 因为social networking是事业发展一个不可缺少的环节。Pam说, P: You know, I'm not such a big fan of company events myself. I

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Paul和Sara夫妇俩人跟老朋友Jesse和Miika 一起吃饭,Jesse刚失业,打算回去完成硕士学位。 P: But that's gonna take you at least two years to finish! J: Actually, I can do it in 10 months by online correspondence course. M: Yo

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他中午去吃饭,正好遇到美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 你去吃饭吗? A:As a matter of fact, I am. C:我准备到楼下的商店去随便买个汉堡。一起去吧? A:OK.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他午间休息遇到了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 你看见副总裁布朗先生有关公司野餐的电子邮件了吗? A:Yes, I read it this morning. It sounds like fun. I think the

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他开完会,跟美国同事Amy一起往外走。 (Office ambience) A:You seemed uncomfortable at our meeting. Was something wrong, Chen Hao? C:我是有点不自在。你是怎么看出来的? A:I

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他在餐厅里找到美国同Amy 。 (Office ambience) A:Hello Chen Hao. How are you? C:还行。不过,我有点事想征求一下你的意见。 A:What is it? C:你认识我们办公室的Sue吗?

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他下班后跟美国同事Amy一起去参加应酬。 (Office ambience) C:谢谢你陪我来,Amy, 每次公司有这种应酬,我都特别不自在。 A:Why not? They are usually upscale events held

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。美国同事Amy来办公室找他。 (Office ambience) CH:Hi Amy. How are you? A: I'm fine. Do you have a moment to talk? There is something I'd like to discuss with you. CH: 坐下说。 A: This is a bit a

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,美国同事Amy到办公室去找他。 (Office ambience) A:Good morning, Chen Hao.. CH:Hi Amy. A: I heard your best friend Brad got a promotion. Is that true? CH: 没错。Brad如今是我的老板了。

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司老板Joe找员工Sam和Lucinda谈话。 Joe Tan: Hi Sam, please take a seat. Good morning, Lucinda. Please sit down. How are you both this morning? (Together) Sam and Lucinda: Good, thanks. Joe: I asked you both to come in this morning because

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司总裁Tim召集部门经理开会,讨论节能措施。 F: I know it might sound like an old-fashioned idea, but what about some kind of a carpooling program? T: You know, that just might work for a few of our departments. I know a few of the

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司总裁Tim召集部门经理开会,讨论公司可以采取哪些节能环保的措施。 Tim: Good morning folks, thanks for joining us. In light of the recent economic downturn, we thought we should pow-wow some ways we can conserve energy.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司开会,讨论慈善捐款的问题,Jenny建议事先调查一下。 J: The recommendation is that 60% of funds should go to projects with no more than 40% going to the charity's own costs. M: Here's another good website: CharityNavigator.or

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Betty在上司Pat那儿受了气,同事Gray和人事部的Terry给她出谋划策。 Betty说自己没救了,准备换工作。 T: Not so fast. Maybe what's needed here is a fresh approach. Let's start with Pat. Why is she mean? G: Um...because s

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Tom和Vivian是香港一家跨国公司的雇员。Vivian被升职,要调到美国奥兰多的办事处。 Vivian: Hey Tom, got a second? Tom: Sure, what's up? V: The Company has offered me a new position. It's kind of a promotion. T: Hey! Congratu

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

The store of pollen paints a picture of the plains of 13,000 years ago, a picture that looks very different from the open prairie grassland of today. But why did this region look so different back then? The ice sheets to the north, although retreatin

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

By David Gollust State Department 29 February 2008 A senior Bush administration official Thursday rejected the partition of newly-independent Kosovo in any form. Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Nicholas Burns says the United States and

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Hello, and welcome to our show. Today, well be making one of my favourite recipes. Its called the egg spaghetti. First, what you will need for this recipe is: About a hundred grams of dried spaghetti, Two table spoons of olive oil, Fifty grams of min

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

According to a new study more people live in poverty in eight Indian states than in 26 of sub-Saharan Africa's poorest countries. The creators of the new study said the level of poverty in South Asia compared to Africa was a surprising discovery. The

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

采访中国足球超级联赛推广大使的对话 A:感谢你作为中国足球超级联赛推广大使接受我们的采访。你访问北京有一周了,有什么感想? Thank you for having this interview as the ambassador for Chinese Prem

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译