礼节美语 Business Etiquette 066
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他下班后跟美国同事Amy一起去参加应酬。
(Office ambience)
C:谢谢你陪我来,Amy, 每次公司有这种应酬,我都特别不自在。
A:Why not? They are usually upscale events held in attractive places with good food.
C:吃的倒是不错,可我不习惯跟陌生人接触。
A:That's one of the reasons we go, to meet other business people and build productive relationships.
C:那除了多认识人,还有其他原因吗?
A:Yes, reconnecting with people to maintain professional contacts.
C:遇到熟人还好,不过我最怕的就是跟陌生人打交道,老觉得特尴尬。
A:We talked a while back about being prepared, finding out about the people who will be at the event and planning what you will talk about.
C:我每次都准备得挺好,可一到现场,就不知所措了。怎样做才能不让人觉得鲁莽呢?
A:To be courteous 1, you need to know which people are approachable and which ones are not.
C:我怎么知道什么人愿意理睬我呢?
A:Let's find a quiet spot where I can give you a few tips.
******
陈豪和Amy走到一个人少得地方。
C:Any, 你快告诉我,什么样的人我可以主动走过去搭讪呢?
A:The most approachable ones are standing 2 alone. They are probably looking for someone to talk to.
C:如果他们不想说话呢?
A:There are signals you can use to see if the person standing alone is friendly or not.
C:你是说肢体语言吗?
A:That's right. Look the other person in the eye as you approach. If he looks away or ignores you, that's a clear message that he is not interested in meeting you.
C:如果他避开我的目光,就是没兴趣。那你刚才说的微笑呢?
A:After you have made eye contact, smile at the person. If he returns your smile, you have a non-verbal invitation to approach.
C:如果从对方的肢体语言能看出,他不愿跟别人交谈呢?
A:Move on and look for someone else.
C:那如果大家都在交谈,我就只好能别人来找我了?
A:That would be a waste of time. Look for a group of three or more people and try the same tactic 3.
C:那我是不是要立刻进行自我介绍?
A:Walk up to the group, stand slightly back, make eye contact with each one and smile. A soon as they acknowledge you, introduce yourself.
C:如果他们对我不理不睬呢?
A:Same as before. Keep moving until you find welcoming people.
C:那 是不是只有有两个人在交谈,应该更容易加入吧?
A:Absolutely not. Those are the people you want to avoid.
- Although she often disagreed with me,she was always courteous.尽管她常常和我意见不一,但她总是很谦恭有礼。
- He was a kind and courteous man.他为人友善,而且彬彬有礼。
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。