It was also unsettling to know that he spoke aloud only for my benefit. 知道他是为了我才这样大声说话,也是件让人困扰的事。 After another warm smile for me, Carlisle left the room. 卡莱尔再次向我温和地一笑,然后离

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

In 2012, Andy Collett was flying in a hot air balloon over the countryside in southwestern England when he saw a perfectly heart-shaped meadow in the middle of an oak forest. He had to take a photo. I have my own balloon and am quite a regular flyer

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

It begins with September 23, 1977, and ends sixteen small, blue, puppied pages later on May 24, 1989. I count. There are 152 dates, written with great care in the large open Palmer Method blue ball point pen of a six-year-old. You made the list? Thes

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

英语四级同形异义词辨析05 1. A. This plane is in the (过程)of the flight. B. Whats the (原因)of the accident? C. Where is the (源头)of the river? 2. A. Many (式样)of bicycles are on show. B. Fill in the blanks with p

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级词汇与结构练习

RING A RING O ROSES Ring a-ring o' roses, A pocketful of posies. A-tishoo! A-tishoo! We all fall down! The cows are in the meadow Lying fast asleep, A-tischoo! A-tischoo! We all get up again.

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(301) / 评论(0) 分类 鹅妈妈童谣

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Goats are raised not just for their milk and meat, and their ability to control weeds and help renew grasslands. They can also be valuable for their hair. Cashmere comes from cashmere goats and ango

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(二)月

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: with the National Museum of the American Indian opening in Washington, we look at Native American influence on the English language. RS: Linguist Marianne Mithun is author of the

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

文本: Henry VIII, who came to the throne in 1509, was a man passionate aboutthe chase, for women and deer. For Henry, the swampy land on the banks of the River Tyburn was perfect forhunting. 翻译: 亨利八世,于1509继承皇位。他是一位

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Margaret Mahy, the famous writer of books for children and teenagers, died yesterday in Christchurch at the age of 76. Her first stories appeared in the School Journals in the 1960s. Then overseas publishers became interested in her writing. The firs

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The T-shirt is warm empty cloth in my hands. I sigh, and walk upstairs to ponder the mummies for a while by myself. My young self will be home now, climbing into bed. I remember, I remember. I woke up in the morning and it was all a wonderful dream.

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

The temperature is dropping. Ten minutes ago the sky was coppery blue and there was a heavy heat over the Meadow, everything felt curved, like being under a vast glass dome, all near noises swallowed up in the heat while an overwhelming chorus of ins

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Oh Danny boy哦,丹尼男孩 The pipes那个吹着管乐的 The pipes are calling管乐声正在响起 From Glenn to Glenn and down the mountain side形成的溪谷正在山脚下缓缓的流淌着 The summers gone and all the flowers are dying夏天过去了,所有的花儿都凋零了 Its you

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

15 Little Boy Blue Mother Goose Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn, The sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn. Where's the boy who looks after the sheep? He's under the haycock, fast asleep. Will you wake him? NO, not I, for if I do, he'll

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

LESSON 22 第22课 blossoms 开花 dreary 沉闷的 weary 厌倦 pinks 粉红色 smelling 闻 toiling 劳作 levies 征税 buzz 蜂鸣器 fragrant 香 thistle 蓟 weeds 杂草 scent 香味 treasure 珍宝 yellow 黄色 meadow 草地 tax 税 summer 夏天

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第二册

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: more of our discussion of gesture language. RS: We don't mean formal sign language taught to deaf people, but the way we use our hands either with spoken language or in place of i

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Sleigh bells ring' are you listening In the lane' snow is glistening A beautiful sight We're happy tonight Walking in a winter wonderland. Gone away is the bluebird Here to stay is a new bird He sings a love song As we go along Walking in a winter wo

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

Then why do you not ask the king to give you a horse? said Regin. 那你为什么不向国王要一匹马呢?雷金说。 I have a horse and everything that I need, answered Sigurd. Why should I ask for more? 西格德回答说:我有一匹马和我需

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

Here is your horse, Sigurd, said the old man. 这是你的马,西格德,老人说。 Strong and swift is he, and on his back you shall ride to great victories. Only think not of yourself nor fear for your life! 这匹马强壮敏捷,你可以骑在

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

The expression to take time off means to have a break from work, or school, or whatever you are doing. We can say, for example, I have a day off, or I am taking a day off, or I need a day off. Sometimes we say what we are having a day off from for ex

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

THIRTY-ONE Levin arrived at his sisters village at noon and left his horse with a friendly old peasant, the husband of his brothers nurse. Wishing to hear particulars of the hay-harvest from this old man, Levin went to speak to him in his apiary. Par

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著