第45期:Asking for Help(1) Y:I need your help. Y:我需要你的帮助。 X:Oh,whats up? X:哦,怎么回事呢? Y:I locked myself out.What do you suggest I do? Y:我把自己锁在外面了,你说说看我该怎么做? X:Well,the best thing

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 出国旅游口语一本通

W: Are you a happy married man? M: Yes, I am. My wife and I understand each other. W: You are a lucky man. How about Mr. Smith. M: I don't know. But they say that Mrs. Smith wears the pants in the house. W: You mean she bosses her husband around? M:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

relative A husband and wife were driving down the road arguing with each other. They passed a pig farm and the husband said, Are they relatives of yours? Yes, she replied, I married into the family. Notes: 1. A husband and wife were driving down th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

07 Moving in Together GLOSSARY to go out to date someone; to be involved in a romantic relationship withsomeone, but not be married* Did you hear that Wendy and Gil started going out last month? heart-to-heart a serious and sincere conversation betwe

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

讲解文本: deep pockets 财富,财力雄厚的人(或公司) She married a man with deep pockets. 她嫁了个土豪。 These investments are made by companies with deep pockets. 这些项目的投资商非常有钱。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

情侣交往一段时间以后,一方会向另一方求婚。 Maura: So, first, were gonna talk about how people propose. So, you have a couple, theyve been dating for a while, and then they want to get married. Harp: Yeah. And I would say its usua

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

I am in love with my wife, he said--a superfluous remark, as I had not questioned his attachment to the woman he had married. We walked for ten minutes and then he said it again. I turned to look at him. He began to talk and told me the tale I am now

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

MODEL2 So many people in the United States get divorced! Script Kim: Hi Amy. Amy: Hi! Look at this headline, Kim. Kim: Wow! So many people in the United States get divorced! Amy: But this is not uncommon in west. In some places, the divorce rate can

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

Getting Married in Morocco In Morocco, it used to be the norm for marriages to be arranged by one's parents; however, this is no longer the case. Young Moroccans today merely need the blessing of thei

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Instead, I moved to Washington, D C., which was full of eligible men. 于是我转而去了华盛顿特区,那里尽是适合结婚的男人。 It worked. My first year out of college, I met a man who was not just eligible, but also wonderful, so I

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

Some Indonesians believe the country would be better off if single people stopped wasting time on dating. Writer La Ode Munafar started a group called Indonesia Tanpa Pacaran, or Indonesia Without Courtship, about two years ago. He and his group say

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Uncle Frank, at 79, was a healthy and wealthy man, a lifelong bachelor. He courted a lot, he said, but

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(225) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Although I had never met him, I knew that my grandfather had been five feet, six inches tall, while my stately grandmother stood five feet, eleven inches. As a teen-ager leafing through old photograph

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

I wish I had 如果的话就太好了 I wish I had been married to you. 如果和你结婚该多好啊。 I wish I had told you before. 如果之前告诉了你该多好啊。 That's a good point. Now I wish I hadn't told Julie. 说的没错。现在我

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

光棍节这天,单身的男女见面第一个动作,必定是相互打量对方,是否合乎心意呢?结果就不得而知了。如果对方正好是你那个Mr. right,就要用到下面这个英语短语了,一起来看看吧。 size u

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

平日里我们总是时不时地会听到、见到一些令人惊讶或者难以置信的事情,这时你一定很想显示出自己那种大吃一惊的感觉。那么在英语里我们可以用哪些方式来表达呢?今天我们就来学一些

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语日常口语

Your dream guy just got down on one knee and popped the question. You are all set for your wedding bells to ring. But do you realize how much is your life going to change? Marriage is, indeed, a very big step and were certainly not against it. Marrie

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

面试中女性求职者常被问及一些有关婚姻的尴尬问题,这是猎头都无法帮其规避的。公 司这样的做法当然有欠妥当,面试官当然也不够专业,但既然问题无法回避,那就兵来将挡,水来土掩,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

Ticktock Artist:Beverley Craven She wakes every morning With him on her mind Can't seem to leave the past behind She puts on her make-up And thinks about life And wonders if she's running out of time Cos how long until she finds the one All the thi

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch and actress-model Jerry Hall are to get married. 媒体大亨鲁珀特默多克将与演员兼模特杰莉霍尔结婚。 They announced their engagement in the births, marriages and deaths section of the Times newspaper, w

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(313) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间