10 The Marathon Twenty-six miles, 385 yards is rather odd distance for a foot race.Most other running races are measured in lengths of even numbers. The marathon,however,has an ancient history, going back to the early Greek Olympics. The

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(276) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第二册

【句子对照】 I ran a marathon last week. It was so long and I was so tired. I didn't really feel like there was a light at the end of the tunnel until I saw the finish line. 我上周参加了马拉松赛跑。路程太长了,我非常地累,直到看到终点线,我才感觉有一

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 俚语口头禅

本期话题:你确定你喊的是加油吗? marathon 马拉松 Come on的口语用法 1. 表示请求、鼓励、劝说等,意为:来吧;行啦。 Come on, Lucy, come on. Don't be so shy. 来吧,露茜,来吧,别不好意思。 2

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语错不起

Thousands of wanna-be marathoners never crossed the finish line in Chicago this weekend. But our reporter Dan Skinner did pass the finish line. He joins me live by phone from Chicago, to tell us about the conditions of the race. --Dan, how are you d

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

Boston is a tough and resilient town and so its people. I am supremely confident but Bostonian will pull together take care of each other and move forward. As one proud city as they do, the American people will be with the mevery single step of the w

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(四)月

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery Struggle On the fence In a dilemma Practical Sentence eg: I am struggling with which tie to wear tomorrow. Struggle ? eg: He is on the fence. On the fence ? In a dilemma eg: It seems she was in such a dilemma.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

听力文本如下: 大明: 何亚君,今天我们以5小时16分58秒的净时间完成了你的首个全程马拉松,感觉怎么样? He Yajun, weve just completed your first full marathon in 5 hours, 16 minutes, and 58 seconds. How does it

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

And yes I checked it clear 没错 我很确信 Now I know that you've heard the cliche quote that 你们肯定听过一句名言 life is a marathon not a sprint 生命是马拉松 而不是冲刺 And I'm going to tell you that sometimes 我要告诉你

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

I made a decision. Now I was going to see that decision through 我下的决定就一定要贯彻 Now, that sounds all good. I'm talking to myself 这听起来很好 我跟自己讲 Oh, that sounds good. But it's 26.2 miles ahead of me 前面不过也就

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Many people who have an accident and break their back, never walk again. Your spinal cord is inside your backbone. It sends messages to your brain. It is part of your nervous system which controls your movements. In New Zealand, we have about one new

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

But she thought about all the time and money she had already invested in her career and didn't see how walking away made economic sense either. 但她回想起自己已经在事业中投入的时间和金钱成本,这让她确定自己离开职场也

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

你知道吗,马拉松并不是古代奥运会的比赛项目;古代奥运会法规中规定,腐败的裁判或对手要受鞭刑;柏拉图曾是奥运会的冠军…… The famous marathon ra

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

The triple jump to become the first Olympic champion in more than 1,500 years. Winners were awarded a silver medal and an olive branch . The German athlete Carl Schumann finished in the top five event

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Tsarnaev Guilty on All Counts in Boston Bombing Tsarnaev在波士顿爆炸案中的所有指控都成立 Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was found guilty on all 30 charges Wednesday linked to the Boston Marathon bombing. Jurors spent a little more than 11 hours co

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2016-09-17 Ethiopian Runner Urges US to Push for Human Rights in His Country Ethiopian runner Feyisa Lelisa is urging the United States Congress to take action in support of Ethiopians protesting against their government. Lelisa won the silv

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Uncle Speaks Out About Boston Bombing Suspects Who are Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev? Both lived near Boston and are of Chechen origin. Friends described them as smart and athletic. The youngest, Dzokhar was a wrestler. The oldest, Tamerlan, a boxer

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

Boston Copes With Bombing Aftermath It's still obvious a marathon was held here in Boston. And more obvious that something went wrong. Four hours into the Boston marathon, one bomb exploded at the finish line and another 13 seconds later. Police and

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

Runners in a marathon were left with a bad taste in their mouths when they mistook free bars of soap for energy bars in an incident that's been put down to the language barrier. 由于没有中文标识,近日发生了一个小插曲:马拉松选手

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Homepage Sports Video Olympic Flame scheduled to make arrival in Brazil on May 3rd CCTV.com 04-28-2016 16:04 BJT Share this: Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on sinaweibo Share on email Font size: First up is news about the Rio Olympics, as t

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Living a more active life style 更积极向上的生活方式 The bodies of youth are wasted on the young 年轻的时候,我们肆意的挥霍着我们的青春活力 I wish I had run a marathon before my knees ached,that I had biked more, hiked

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening