ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery have ants in one's pants: When the man who had promised to bring the money at lunch time hadn't appeared by one-thirty, we all had ants in our pants. get pants in one's pants wear the pants in the family: Most men make

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery 叶茼荞 Go check if the door is still open. 1. Check out: He has checked out of the hotel. take a look。Hey, Kathy, come here and check his out. Check this off. 2. Check out my figures. 3. Just checking.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery to see eye to eye Our business has been successful because Tom and I work so well together. Sure, we have some differences in personality, but on the important things, like which businesses to invest in and who to hire,

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery To feel it in one's bones The proposal looks okay but I just feel something's not right with it. I can feel it in my bones. I think we need to take a deeper look at the proposal and make double sure it's as good as they

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery sound sleep sleep on it sleep in light sleeper Practical Sentence eg:Its been a long time that I had a sound sleep. eg: Come on, go swimming with us tomorrow. I will sleep on it. eg: Sorry, I slept in this morning. soun

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery 叶茼荞 Otaku Social life Social butterfly Practical Sentence Social life eg: Your social life involves spending time with your friends, for example at parties or in bars. eg: Unlike most otaku, they have real romanti

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery grab a bite to eatspecialty Its my treat. Lets split the bill. Practical Sentence grab a bite to eat ? eg: Lets grab a bite to eat. I am so hungry.? specialty eg: Whats the specialty today? Its my treat. ? eg: I will tr

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

ENGLISH MARATHON Host: Jeffery What's your sign? horoscope/ What astrology Taurus Practical Sentence horoscope/astrology eg: I'm not superstitious. The horoscope sometimes turns out to be accurate. eg: He's a typical Taurus What's your sign? Taurus

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语轻松学

Im full of admiration for people who run marathons. I couldnt do it. I love running and have done a few half-marathons, but I always found a full marathon to be too much. Marathon runners are special. I dont think I have the stamina to do it. Not pro

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-M

For a lot of people, the distance between their dreams and their reality is intimidating 在很多人看来 梦想和现实之间的差距太吓人 and they get stuck they get paralyzed 他们因此变得无力 不敢往前 just like I was in that ma

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Cliff BurgessThe Marathon Man 克里夫伯吉斯马拉松赛场上的老者 In 1993, Cliff Burgess was 55 years old. He was tired of his potbelly and vowed to start walking. Cliff hits the pavement in his suburban Texas town. A walk around the block

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

This is AP news minute. 1. The presidential candidates have embarked on one final tour of battleground states before Tuesday's election. Hillary Clinton started her day with the campaign stop in Philadelphia while she spoke to the congregation of the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(十一)月

AS IT IS - Texting while walking can be dangerous Hello, and welcome to AS IT IS! your daily magazine show from VOA Learning English. Im June Simms. Marathon runner Fauja Singh will celebrate his 102 birthday in April. Today we hear why the so-called

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

AZUZ: Make sense that a race is easier when you have four legs. This is Ludivine. She`s a hound dog. She lives in Alabama. A couple of weeks ago, her owners let her out one more and Ludivine took off. She met up with some people at the start of a hal

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年7月

He was dog-tired. He plopped onto the worn sofa. His sister said, You look beat. Did you just run a marathon? He said, I wish. I can run a marathon in less than four hours. I just finished my shift. It was eight and a half hours. No lunch, no breaks.

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

This was the famous Marathon Run after which we call our race. 这便是著名的马拉松长跑的由来。 Famous, because the messenger ran so far and so fast that all he could do was deliver his message before he fell down dead. 马拉松长跑之所

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

Bettys doctor told her to exercise more. So she began running. She enjoys running. She runs almost every day. She runs two miles a day. On the weekend she runs five miles. She runs up hills. She runs down hills. She runs in the street and on the side

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Joshua Leo Voice 2 And I'm Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Every April, people from all over t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Todd: So Travis, this summer we have the Olympics. Are you going to watch the Olympics on TV? Travis: I will probably get suckered into watching the olympics I'm sure. It will be on every channel. It will only be on one channel but it will be on the

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Love Marathon 爱情马拉松 break up with sb 与某人分手 Physically and mentally 身心同时地 rom-com 轻松的爱情喜剧 Get over a breakup 走出失恋阴影 Time heals all wounds 时间会抚平所有伤痕

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 新鲜英语早知道